National Consultant Position
Reports to: Health Supervisor and Project Manager
Location: Ku`aydina Hospital in Ku`aydina district - Hajja governorate
Duration: 3 months consultancy
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people
Project title: Provide integrated emergency health & nutrition services - by running a mobile clinic, support a network of Community Health Volunteers and support for Operational Theatre for referral hospital - for conflict affected people in Ku’aydina district, Hajja governorate, Yemen
The project aims at reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable, conflict-affected populations with focus on children under 5 years, pregnant and lactating women through the provision of life saving emergency health services in Hajja by running a mobile clinic, support a network of Community Health Volunteers and support for Operational Theatre for referral hospital - for conflict affected people in Ku’aydina district
- Ensure implementation of reproductive health care components as per national protocol
- Conduct OPD consultation for female patients with focusing on obstetrics and gynecological related diseases
- Managing female triage room and assessing the Obs/Gyn departments according clinical policies
- Prepare government and organizational reports on birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or the medical status of individuals.
- Advise female patients concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal and post-natal periods.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results with submission of required reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis according to organization reporting system.
Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Monitor patients' condition and progress and consult with other specialty on neonatal care.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients' health and deliver babies safely.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Follow up clinical inpatients and re-evaluate the cases
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.
- Treat diseases of female organs and carry out the ultra- sound exam for the patient as needed
- Conduct job training for midwifes on BEmONC/CEmONC
- Perform family planning services and training midwifes on the basic family planning.
- Direct and coordinate activities of medical staff particular midwives.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs in hospitals or communities for prevention and treatment of injuries or illnesses.
Overall these tasks requires:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence and Humanity
- Clear & timely communications to line management
- Full abiding by INTERSOS internal rules and guidelines and respect INTERSOS Charter of Value and Code of Ethics
- Essential, in Obs/Gyn speciality recognized by the MOPHP
- Surgical experience as stated in surgical CV/skill form (number of independently performed surgical interventions) corresponds with the surgeries that are performed in the mission and qualification is duly certified and verified.
- Languages: Fluent in both Arabic and English
- Deadline for submission of application: 20 January 2021
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 3 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail: “Obstetrician-Gynecologist Hajja”