Ended Logistic Officer
Sectional/Unit: Logistic Department
Contract Duration: 11 month
Duty station: : Al Mukha
Supervisor: Logistic Manager
Reference: Logistic Officer.21.12
About Generations without Qat Organization:
GWQ is a voluntary non-governmental youth organization was launched in 2007 as an initiative of young Yemeni volunteers with the common goals to involve, guide and invest in development of youth abilities. The initiative started to work on awareness raising around the negative consequences of chewing of Qat (a softdrug) as a bad habit that Yemenis are involved in. Later on this original focus was extended to include the concept of civic education and to work on developmental issues with and by youth to enable them to be leaders in their communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and GWQ’s standards.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following GWQ regulations, code of conducts.
- Responsible for all logistic tasks related to GWQ projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of materials.
- prepare specifications, tender documents, and requests of offers for the supply of goods and services to meet GWQ project’s objectives.
- Organize the planning of the purchases and define the priorities of the items needed by the applicants
- Ensure that the purchases meet the needs, cost, quality & delivery time requirements, having in mind quality and sustainability of the purchased items;
- Ensure a regular and smooth communication with the Administrative department to prepare the supplier payments, documents hand-over and expenses follow-up
- Initiate Invitations to collect quotations from suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure regular follow up of all contracts and their renewal / extension signed on time
- The Logistic Officer must know about materials needed.
- Prepare daily records of logistics, fleet management activities.
- Supervise the general follow up of vehicles (consumption checks, movement planning, movement tracking, vehicle running logs, booking etc.)
- Ensure all vehicles meet GWQ requirements for safety,
- Organize files and maintain them updated both manually and electronically.
- Maintain project files Conduct all duties in a professional manner following GWQ regulations, code of conducts and charter.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience from working as a Logistician in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Solid understanding of administrative procedures.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Honest and trustworthy person.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Prefer to be able to communicate and develop linkages with NGOs & INGOs, Government agencies, local communities.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
- Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
To apply, please visit the following link:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible not to wait until the closing date.
Deadline for Applying: 17/01/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.