Ended Project Accountant
Sectional/Unit: Finance Department
Contract Duration: 12 month
Duty station: : Al Mukha
Supervisor: Finance Manager
Reference: Project Accountant.21.8
About Generations without Qat Organization:
GWQ is a voluntary non-governmental youth organization was launched in 2007 as an initiative of young Yemeni volunteers with the common goals to involve, guide and invest in development of youth abilities. The initiative started to work on awareness raising around the negative consequences of chewing of Qat (a softdrug) as a bad habit that Yemenis are involved in. Later on this original focus was extended to include the concept of civic education and to work on developmental issues with and by youth to enable them to be leaders in their communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record expenses in PeopleSoft using AP module and GL.
- Prepare bank orders for transfers and payments.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Monitor cash account reconciliation
- Prepare bi-weekly financial reports to Finance manager.
- Review payment vouchers and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with GWQ’s financial guidelines.
- Maintain advance vouchers and ensure the advances are acquitted in a timely manner
- Responsible for sub grant contracts (Work with GWQ partners to ensure compliance with GWQ’s financial guidelines).
- Perform monthly audits of the documents.
- Maintain spreadsheet for Bank & cash
- Provide information about cash-on-hand and bank balances for any currency upon request by authorized staff.
- File supporting financial documents.
- Work with external auditor as required.
- Coordinate with GWQ Finance team during external and internal audits
- Responsible for property management and reconciliation between the register and the GWQ Yemen books
- Ensure a clean and efficient working area, as well as a co-operative and supportive working environment
- Organize supplies for needed events (stationary, refreshments, lunch, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree of Accounting.
- Minimum 1 year of bookkeeping and accounting experience.
- Experience in filing and safeguarding important documents.
- Experience in managing and reconciling petty cash.
- Knowledge of double entry accounting.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to work under pressure as part of a busy team.
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills and patience.
- Native Arabic, fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Organizational abilities and previous experience of working with NGOs
To apply, please visit the following link:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible not to wait until the closing date.
Deadline for Applying: 17/01/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.