Ended Project Manager
Sectional/Unit: Program Department
Contract Duration: 12 month
Duty station: : Al Mukha
Supervisor: Program Manager
Reference: Project Manager .21.9
About Generations without Qat Organization:
GWQ is a voluntary non-governmental youth organization was launched in 2007 as an initiative of young Yemeni volunteers with the common goals to involve, guide and invest in development of youth abilities. The initiative started to work on awareness raising around the negative consequences of chewing of Qat (a softdrug) as a bad habit that Yemenis are involved in. Later on this original focus was extended to include the concept of civic education and to work on developmental issues with and by youth to enable them to be leaders in their communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees study, design, plan, contracting and implementation, ensuring that the objectives are met through proper planning, adequate staffing, efficient implementation and quality assurance.
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting and evaluation and communication systems.
- Manages project budget within approved spending levels and ensures accurate and timely financial reports both internally and to donors.
- Collect and compile project data regularly and submit it to the Management, including statistical reports, case studies, and success stories.
- Develop work plans, recruitment plans, reporting mechanisms and training plan using the project-monitoring tool.
- Submits timely and accurate project progress reports in accordance with internal, sectoral and donor requirements.
- Manage and work with Programs department to implement and maintain prescribed reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes and ensure accurate and timely data collection at the field level.
- Supervise in the compilation of data for weekly, bi-weekly reports and quarterly reports with the M&E Officer and technical unit.
- Work with field teams and logistics to procure project supplies within project budgets.
- Regularly update Program Manager at Sana'a office on progress of project as per protocol based on field.
- Liaise closely with local authorities, donor and partner agencies to ensure program compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts.
- Maintain regular meeting with project team.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
- Provide technical guidance on the overall strategy for project design and management.
- Ensure that all project activities and trainings are both in line with global standards and fully coordinated with local authority.
- Actively represent GWQ by attending cluster/coordination meetings relevant to the project activities.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
- In cooperation with HR Manager, hire and supervise staff to ensure their smooth and effective operations.
- Assist in the selection and training of qualified program staff and recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with the HR and Finance.
- Ensure compliance to local labor laws including working hours.
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff.
- Determine training needs for subordinate staff.
- Train staff to increase their capacities and qualify them to ensure sustainability of programs.
- Conducts staff evaluations , advocates and plans for professional development for all subordinate staff
- Works with Logistics staff to ensure the coordination of project supplies are within budgeted targets.
- Attends coordination meetings, which are relevant to country activities.
- Interfaces with national government and relevant agencies as necessary
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS:
- Minimum 5 years of direct professional experience as Manager of projects focusing on program implementation of multi-sector humanitarian programming in complex emergencies, including financial management preferably with I/NGOs.
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors and other NGOs.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Experience leading complex on site emergency response projects and/or programs requiring extensive judgment and interpretation. Diverse geographical professional experience preferred.
- Prefer to be able to communicate and develop linkages with NGOs & INGOs, Government agencies, local communities.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
- Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
To apply, please visit the following link:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible not to wait until the closing date.
Deadline for Applying: 17/01/2021 .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.