Ended Education Engineer
Sectional/Unit: Program Department
Contract Duration: 11 month
Duty station: Al Mukha
Supervisor: Project Manager
Reference: Education Engineer .21.11
About Generations without Qat Organization:
GWQ is a voluntary non-governmental youth organization was launched in 2007 as an initiative of young Yemeni volunteers with the common goals to involve, guide and invest in development of youth abilities. The initiative started to work on awareness raising around the negative consequences of chewing of Qat (a softdrug) as a bad habit that Yemenis are involved in. Later on this original focus was extended to include the concept of civic education and to work on developmental issues with and by youth to enable them to be leaders in their communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop detailed bills of quantities (BOQ) and drawings for the Rehabilitation works required at the schools, based on assessment and program requirements, ensuring that recommended work is child-friendly and within the minimum INEE standard.
- Develop rehabilitation and construction project budget estimates.
- Certify achievement of contractual milestones, and provide a report to the program manager so payment to contractors can be processed
- Seek and obtain appropriate government sign-off on works at the critical stages; especially at the start and completion
- Ensure the Contractor is compliant with Statutory Law and safety and security protocols.
- Work with project Officer and logistic officer to draw up works tender documents and provide technical support to Bid Committees.
- Supervise the rehabilitation process, ensuring that it is completed within timelines and according to approved BOQs and submit field reports on the process of rehabilitation to the education officer.
- Prepare school restoration abstracts and reports for each school separately.
- Prepare the final receipt of schools from the contractor and conforming to the specifications.
- Write and submit weekly activity reports and filed visit reports at critical points of the rehabilitation works.
- Hold self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving, and role modeling GWQ values.
- Actively keep Project Manager updated on project progress, including reporting of problems and challenges
- Timely and accurate submission of regular internal reporting as requested by the Project Manager
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering civil or construction.
- 3 years’ experience in construction and rehabilitations works.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Positive attitude towards working in Teams.
- Solid planning skills and dealing with implementation challenges and finding solutions.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel PowerPoint, and AutoCAD or other design software
- Excellent presentation, preparation and delivery skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required.
- Problem solver and, hard working with ability to work under pressure.
- Takes personal responsibility for issues that arise.
To apply, please visit the following link:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible not to wait until the closing date.
Deadline for Applying: 17/01/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.