Position Title: Gender Officer
Terms: Full Time Position.
Duration: one year (renewable), including 3-6 months probationary period.
Location: Social fund for Development.
Start Date: 13-01-2021
End Date : 25-01-2021
Gender officer will lead and facilitate measures to improve the core objectives of the SFD and support the role of women as decision-makers, implementers, and leaders across project interventions, particularly at the village level. This position will provide strategic direction and technical assistance on the integration of gender throughout all sub projects including gender mainstreaming, gender analysis, prevention and response to GBV and SEA, protection and empowerment of women and girls voice and rights and promotion of gender balance in the work place.
- Reporting to Safeguards Manager.
- Implement monitor and report on gender-related components of the Protection and Gender Action Plan.
- Work with project staff to ensure gender is appropriately integrated in all trainings.
- Strategize methods to monitor instances of gender disparities and gender-based violence (GBV).
- Document successful activities and methodologies for gender integration.
- Other tasks contributing to meeting gender equity and women’s empowerment targets and goals.
- Training and capacity building support for SFD staff and workers in sub projects on gender issues.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation.
- Management of events and publications on gender issues.
- Advice and support to SFD management on gender issues.
- Conduct assessment and facilitate meetings with key stakeholders and community members to identify measures to improve inclusiveness, especially for women, within the project scope
- Support the collection and analysis of sex- and age- disaggregated data, quantitative and qualitative, as well as streamlining the needs assessment, collection and analysis so that it can be more effective in meeting beneficiary needs.
- Assist with quantitative/qualitative assessments in targeted communities to assess effectiveness of interventions and impact.
- Review project plans and budgets or provide written guidelines for such a review to ensure that adequate attention is paid and resources allocated to the promotion of gender equality across sub projects.
- Coordinate the development of strategies and plans with key stakeholders and community members to promote the role of women as decision-makers at national and provincial levels
- Facilitate and support training and community actions to improve the role of women as decision-makers, implementers, and leaders at commune and village levels.
- Provide, facilitate, and/or coordinate ongoing technical support to integrate gender and social inclusion into appropriate commune and village level plans and training.
- Advocate for gender sensitive programming both internally and with donors and external key stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to and identify opportunities for the development of relevant advocacy and communication/information materials to address gender issues.Collect and promote good practices and lessons learned, contributing to a collection of replicable good practices for gender equality programming.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, development studies, gender, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Familiar with IASC Gender and GBV guidelines applicable to conflict settings.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on gender issues and/or M&E.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Knowledge of gender tools applicable in gender sensitive programs.
Other Skills & Conditions:
• People Skills:
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who is able to support and train staff and also able to work with local communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Ability to respond on short notice and plan and execute several activities at once.
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently
• Communication Skills:
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of the SFD.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required - Ability to communicate ideas in a culturally-sensitive manner and conducive to their practical application
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to SFD’s core values and humanitarian principles.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security context.
- First register your profile at: SFD Recruitment System
- After creating your account, complete all section of your profile and submit.
- To further confirm your application, send your CV to this email: email@example.com (Putting the job title as the email subject to be considered)
Only short- listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.