Ended Human Resources Officer
Human Resources Officer (Aden & Lahj)
Responsible for non-staff contracts, follow up on signatures and approvals with Country Office (CO). Work on all the vetting. Assist in recruitment. Focal point for Health insurance for national staff including addition, deletion and changes.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Human Resources & Admin Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Review and follow up on volunteers and casual contracts and getting them signed by Field Manager.
- Responsible for advertising all positions internally and externally.
- Reviewing applications received for junior positions
- Assist in managing tests and interviews by scheduling and administering tests.
- Participate in junior to mid level interviews
- Follow up with CO on signatures and approvals for recruitment, including Vacancy Authorisation Forms (VAF), Assessments, Offers and contracts ensuring all supporting documents are sent to CO.
- Review overtime documents.
- Compile and communicate the monthly payroll report.
- Conduct vetting for all staff under fixed contracts, casuals and volunteers.
- Communicate with health insurance to add or delete staff from health insurance policy
- Communicate with the health insurance company on all membership issues.
- Participate in the induction for new staff.
- Follow up with CO on severances for ex-staff.
- Other tasks as required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong communications skills – Good command of the English language (spoken and written).
- Bachelor's degree or a related Degree.
- Well presented, friendly manner.
- Team work skills.
- Computing skills:
Proven ability to use the Microsoft Office suite and general use of the Internet.
- Ability to use advanced functions of word processing software to produce well-presented, clear, grammatically correct documents.
- Good interpersonal communication and the ability to deal with a wide range of people.
- Accurate and Precise.
- Writing skills and Organized Filing system.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply. You can apply here.
Deadline for submitting applications: 21ST January 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.