Ended Medical Activity Manager
VACANCY: MEDICAL ACTIVITY MANAGER
Position status: Full-time
Location: Al Qaeda Hospital / Ibb governorate
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of renewal
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) are an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Defining, coordinating and monitoring the medical activities under his/her responsibility according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health condition of the target population
- Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities (ER, IPD, ICU, OT, paediatric and neonatology etc.), according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Identifying and following-up on patient referrals between MSF and other hospitals in coordination with the MTL and MTL support
- Participating in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow up of the programs / project. Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service
- Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers ...) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
- Ensuring an efficient pharmacy management and monitoring the rational use of them. In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating future needs. Preparing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifying and reporting to the line manager, non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.)
- Supporting the PMR and PMR support with staff health.
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves ...). Participating in shifts and replaces a doctor, if necessary
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, , performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to improve staff capabilities or capacity building mainly with MTL support and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.)
- Medical doctor. Desirable specialization or training in surgical, ER domain or related studies. Valid Licence from Yemeni medical council as Medical Doctor Minimum.
- 2 years of relevant previous managerial experience
- Previous experience in ER, IPD, ICU and previous experience in NGOs desired.
- Arabic & English: Fluent in writing & speaking
- People Management and Development
- Stress Management
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Adaptability and able to work in a multicultural team
All interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, copy of ID card, requested Degrees & licenses with the
Subject: “Kilo-MAM” by email to: email@example.com
(Be aware of the MSF reception rules – The email should mention the subject and all documents should be in one email)
Applications that do not have enclosed a copy of the ID card, Degree and License will NOT BE CONSIDERED!
Deadline for the submission of Applications is 5PM, 19th of January 2021
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted!
“MSF does not charge fees or accept any money during the entire recruitment process.”