Ended Procurement & Logistics Assistant (Sana'a)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Procurement & Logistics Assistant
Organizational Unit : Procurement and Logistics Unit
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 5
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
SVN No. : SVN2021.014
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Saturday 30th January 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Head, Procurement & Logistics Unit and the direct supervision of the Procurement Logistic Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out procurement functions in accordance with IOM’s procurement regulations, rules and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Implement and monitor activities relating to procurement within the office; organize and maintain systems/procedures for procurement, supply, documentation, storage and warehousing, equipment up-grading, etc.
- Organize and maintain tracking and filing systems / procedures for asset supply and programme material distribution
- Solicit bids or quotations, analyze them for conformity to specified requirements, conduct appraisals and confirm terms of agreement with selected suppliers; prepare proforma purchase orders and ensure authorization by relevant authorities according to Mission Permanent Instruction
- Follow-up on the status of purchase orders and keep the requesting unit abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Ensure that goods delivered confirm to the specifications in the purchase order and are in good condition. Monitor loading of goods ordered from selected suppliers and follow up on the timely delivery of goods to requesting unit
- Maintain the asset Inventory List and update it at regular intervals by carrying out physical verification of assets in the office and at the warehouse; conduct issue of assets on the basis of proper documentary authorization. Adhere to IOM procedures for disposal of assets
- Support stockroom management and control supply stock and consumables to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss
- Assist in coordinating maintenance and repair of office facilities and assets, plan and coordinate preventive maintenance, administer maintenance agreements with competent service providers for maintenance of office assets
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Procurement officer or the Head of procurement and Logistics.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- Degree or Equivalent in related field;
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience; Experience in the Humanitarian Field will be an advantage;
English and Arabic
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Keeps clients informed of developments and setbacks
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones
- Persuades others to consider new ideas
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Actively identifies opportunities for and promotes organizational change
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Articulates vision to motivate colleagues and follows through with commitments
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Identifies ways for their staff to develop their abilities and careers
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
- Holds directly reporting managers accountable for providing fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals
- Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
- Builds stable strategic alliances with relevant parties
- Identifies sources of and secures funding from external stakeholders to meet the needs of IOM
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services.
- Effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM.
- Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”
17 Jan 2021 to 30 Jan 2021