Country HR Coordinator (Re-Advertised)
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
Position: Country HR Coordinator (Re-Advertised)
Reporting to: General Coordinator
For our program in Yemen, we are looking for (Country HR Coordinator), based in Sana’a, to start as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the General Coordinator, the Country HR Coordinator will manage directly the human resources team in Sana’a and will provide technical and operational support on HR issues to the administrative team based in Ibb and Aden.
S/he will have the responsibility to define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of the mission’s human resources frameworks, procedures and policies while respecting the local context, local legislation and MdM policies and values. He/she will provide technical support to operational staff on the HR management of the mission.
Human resources management
- Monitoring and update the organisational structure of the mission, drafting and update organisational charts and job descriptions, identify different levels of responsibility, alongside coordinators
- Update and monitoring the HR budget (number of staff, total payroll, training, other benefits, travel, etc.)
- Drafting, updating and checking compliance with the classification and salary grid
- Drafting, updating and checking, on a monthly basis, the salary data (pay settings), responsible of the data salary calculation accuracy, in addition to the income tax and social security monthly statements.
- Responsible for managing staff under incentives as well according to the current implementation system (checklist of required documents to release the incentives)
- Establishment, updating and checking the recruitment processes and procedures
- Definition, updating, dissemination and supervision of implementation of the HR contractual framework for national staff (internal regulations, conditions of employment, medical policy, policy for managing abuse, HR management procedures), checking compliance with local legislation and MdM policy
- Ensure equal treatment for all MDM staff in the three bases and according to contractual employment agreements.
- Monitoring and follow-up the HR issues managed by the employment lawyer.
- Management of health insurance services/contracts for national staff and their dependants.
- Supervise existence, follow up and up to date staff leave plans (national and international) at mission, base and departmental levels to ensure anticipation of gaps and coordination for the best use of mission human resources.
- Work in collaboration with Liaison department when needed regarding the dissemination and supervision of implementation of the HR contractual framework for expatriated staff (visas, housing policy, explanation of rules and tools)
- Organisation of regular information meetings with all staff, possibly followed by setting up staff representatives
- Supervision and/or carrying out HR recruitment (job advertisement, profile, recruitment, reception/integration)
- Deployment and monitoring the evaluation schedule (integration briefings, end of trial period, annual appraisal interview, exit interview, etc.) for national staff
- Production and/or supervision of the production of the training plan
- Supervision of administrative management of staff: drafting contracts, monitoring, establishing and archiving staff records
- Management of disciplinary procedures in coordination with the line managers
- In the event of closures, participate in planning specific HR activities (individual and group support, following legal procedures, etc.)
- Advise line managers on resolving conflicts between members of staff
- Manage internal mobility for national staff alongside other coordinators
- Develop HR guide for Yemen mission (employee handbook) which include all the rules and procedures.
- Analyzing staff annual appraisals and highlight the weaknesses, the point to improve, the training needed according to the analysis.
- Responsible and first contact person for income tax and social security audits
- Recruit the staff under his/her direct or technical responsibility
- Provide regular evaluation to the team under his/her direct or technical responsibility.
- Reinforce the capacity building of the HR department staffs
- Organise and conduct HR department meetings
Technical Support & Capacity Building Team management
- Explain the MdM HR procedure and tools to staffs;
- Guide supervisors on how to conduct the annual appraisal
- Presentation/information of code of conduct, PSEA, Child abuse and anti-fraud and corruption policies.
- Train the HR national team on the general HR administration procedures in place;
- Develop and conduct HR management training on specific topics (e.g. MDM Recruitment Process, HR follow up table, etc.) in order to increase the MdM team member capacities and knowledge;
Communication; Reporting; Capitalisation
- Liaise with International NGOs HR coordinators in-country
- Participates to MDM team meetings;
- Participate in meetings with the Logistics & Financial Department;
- Contribute to the Monthly Sit-Rep
- Ensure the Archives of folders of national staffs;
- Elaborate HR Reports and Contribute to all other reports by providing relevant data related to the position;
- Approved monthly statements and ensure sending them monthly to HQ.
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation
III.Conditions of employment
Position is based in Sana’a with regular travels to Aden, Ibb and /or to Djibouti.
IV.Context of the mission
Yemen is currently facing a complex humanitarian crisis, as the conflict has exacerbated existing chronic vulnerabilities. Consequently, Yemen is considered as one of the worst humanitarian crisis.
Additionally, the country is affected by many out breaks such as Cholera, Diphtheria, dengue fever, Malaria and the COVID outbreaks.
The blockade imposed on the country since 2015 has the effect of suffocating the population, particularly by causing disruptions in the supply of food products, in the markets as well as imports; an increase in the price of basic consumer goods, including petrol, which reduces travel options and affects the provision of healthcare services; and finally, the disruption of agricultural and pastoral cycles.
Presently, MDM intervene in the Northern part of Yemen in the governorates of Sanaa, Amanat Alasima and Ibb. MDM strategy is based on 2 key axes:
- To provide primary healthcare services, including OPD, vaccination, nutritional care, sexual and reproductive health. 11 health facilities are directly supported.
- To provide mental healthcare and psychosocial support (MHPSS) in specific healthcare institutions and via a network of CHVs trained in detection and community awareness-raising
In addition, since 2019, MdM is operating in South Yemen in 5 health facilities, in Lahj and Abyan governorates. A package of services similar to those existing in the North is provided by the MoH with the support of MdM team. Activities are overseen from Aden, where the Field Co will be located.
MdM intends to continue developing its presence in the South in 2021 along two axis:
- Expanding its operational presence in new health facilities in needs of support
- Developing new projects aiming at providing assistance at migrant population from the Horn of Africa that crosses Yemen on their way to Saudi Arabia
Education and experience
- Diploma in Human Resources Management or similar education;
- Experience of 4 year minimum in a similar position with an I.NGO is required (with MDM is an asset);
- Experience in conflict or difficult contexts a distinct asset
- Experience in negotiation and relationships with authorities in a moving and difficult legal context;
- Diplomacy, negotiation and networking skills
- Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Ability to classify and to manage priorities
- Team spirit
IT: Good excel skills
Languages: Fluent in Arabic and English is mandatory (oral and written), and knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Please follow the link to submit your application:
- End of submission: Wednesday, 17th March, 2021.
These are instructions you may need to apply:
- When you click on the link, you will arrive to a first page. There are two different “Envoyez un fichier”. The first one is for the CV. The second one is for the cover letter.
- Once files are uploaded, you can click on the blue button “Continuer” (Next).
- Once you clicked on the button “Continuer”, you will arrive to a second page “Votre information” (Your personal information).
- You will have to fill in the different fields: Nom (Surname), Prénom (First name), E-mail, Pays (Country), Nationalité (Nationality). Then you will have to tick “J’accepte la politique de confidentialité” (I agree with confidentiality policy) and “J’accepte les conditions générales” (I agree with the general conditions).
- The last tick is not mandatory. If the candidate ticks that points, he/she might receive information from MdM concerning other job opportunities in the future.
- Then finally, the candidate can click on the blue button “Postulez” (Apply).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.