QIPs Field Officer (Quick Impact Projects) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The position: QIPs Field Officer (Quick Impact Projects)
Period: 3 Months (Extensible)
Reports to: Community Center Manger
Location: IBB City
Yemen Women Union YWU is a national organization since the sixties. It is the first organization concerned with women's issues and empowering them in order to become active members in the development process. YWU has 22 branches each branch is located in each governorate and 165 centers at the district level. Currently, YWU in partnership with UNHCR is implementing a project to provide protection services to the displaced and the most vulnerable families in Ibb governorate which aims to facilitate providing protection services to the displaced and the most vulnerable families. The services include: providing psychological, legal, and referral services through its community center in Ibb governorate. Accordingly, the project needs to hire QIPs Field Officer (Quick Impact Projects)
to perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Conducting needs assessments with stakeholders for identification the projects in the target areas.
- Support development of assessments summarizing the needs for possible projects identified
- Develop the QIPs’ plans and technical documents prior to implementation to ensure feasibility and accuracy of inputs required in terms of quality and quantity.
- Conduct technical assessments of contractors and develop bill of quantities (BOQ) for construction works and building rehabilitation;
- Contribute to the preparation of tender documents and evaluation of technical criteria in tender bids if necessary;
- Liaise with all authorities’ representatives to allow for timely completion and to address any issues raised regarding sub-contractor’s work;
- Supervise work sites, complete regular report on construction progress, quantities delivered to the sites, sites conditions, with photo documentation, notify of any challenges/delays in the workplan.
- Cross check reports emitted by the consultant/contractor for accuracy (if any);
- Draft memos detailing lessons learned and best practices identified during the project, especially regarding the infrastructure construction and rehabilitation.
- In light of his/her functions, the QIPs Field Officer (Quick Impact Projects) acknowledges the fact that the nature of his/her work might evolve. Thus, he/she may be given other responsibilities and attributions with new opportunities that arise. The QIPs Officer, therefore, accepts in advance that his/her attributions may be enlarged or modified during the course of the project.
- Any other tasks assigned by the community center manager.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, public works or relevant field;
- At least 2 years of experience working on construction/public works and civil engineering;
- Good knowledge of legal framework of the construction and civil engineering sectors in Yemen.
- Good knowledge of standards and regulations in supervising in construction works.
- Previous experience working for NGOs.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Being a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Working knowledge of English is required both spoken and written;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…).
- Commitment to ethical principles and code of conduct in relation to working with vulnerable groups of the population.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Avoiding any messages or action using YWU's logo or name that may in general affect YWU negatively in front of the authorities and official, informed, and following-up bodies or the beneficiaries.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل