Ended Dengue Prevention Programme Coordinator
The MENTOR Initiative seeks to recruit:
Dengue Prevention Programme Coordinator
Location of position: Aden, Yemen
I. Presentation of the organization
The MENTOR Initiative is a UK based humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. MENTORs mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs.
MENTOR is working in close partnership with Solidarites International (SI) which has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running two emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based in Aden - Yemen.
Scope of Services:
The MENTOR Initiative is engaging in coordination with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP) to assist in the control of dengue fever through the implementation of targeted larval source management (LSM) and community level information education and communication (IEC) campaigns in Aden city, Yemen.
The Programme Coordinator will be directly responsible for the coordination and successful implementation of all MENTOR Initiative Vector Borne Diseases (VBD) control activities in Aden with support, as required, from the MENTOR technical coordinators and operational support team members in Headquarters.
The main responsibilities of this post include the following.
With support from MENTOR HQ, ensure that the following programme activities are carried out:
- Ensure the compliance of MENTOR Programming for all grant contract obligations to provide technical and operational capacity building of MoH, NGO and community teams in, and delivery of, IEC, water storage management, and larviciding campaigns.
- In close collaboration with HQ technical team and requisite SI teams, prepare, organise and deliver technical training courses for the implementation of:
- Community based larviciding campaigns for the purpose of aedes control
- Community lead IEC campaigns for the purpose of aedes control
- Entomological monitoring of aedes mosquitoes for operational research
- Develop technical materials such as IEC materials, messaging for mass media campaigns, and larvicide training materials, needed for the successful implementation of programme activities.
- In close coordination with the NMCP, oversee the direct implementation and supervision of community based water storage cleaning and waste container management, larviciding of larger water storage containers, and IEC campaigns for the purpose of aedes control in targeted IDP camps and host communities of Aden.
- Coordinate with the MoH, WHO, NMCP, and Wash/Health clusters to ensure that areas targeted for activities are complimenting other aedes control campaigns being conducted by other agencies.
- Oversee the implementation of entomological base line (pre-intervention) and monitoring surveys (larval and pupae monitoring in household water containers) for the purpose of operational research and programme monitoring and evaluation.
- Conduct mapping of areas targeted for activities in coordination with the MoH NMCP and WHO.
- Ensure thorough data collection methods in line with programme planning and monitoring and evaluation requirements from community level activity implementation to MoH and HQ level data analysis.
With support from the Solidarites International and MENTOR Headquarters:
- Organise for recruitment and training of local staff as required for programme activities. In addition, the Programme Coordinator ensures that HR management systems are implemented properly and in line with local labour laws (respect of recruitment procedures, respect of internal rules and sexual harassment policies, performance review, payroll etc).
- Assist the Finance Officer with the proper implementation of MENTOR finance field systems. This includes overseeing adequate cash flow and regular follow up on budget expenditure and planning.
- Oversee that standard MENTOR administrative procedures and forms are adhered to and used for regular administrative matters including provision of documents as requested by relevant official authorities.
- In close collaboration with Solidarites Logistics Coordinator, ensure proper implementation of logistics procedures for warehousing and asset management, fleet and fuel management, communications systems and maintenance, local procurement and overall programme logistics support for VBD control activities.
- Ensure that all processes and procedures in security, HR, logistics, procurement, and finance are followed in accordance to guidelines and the agreed processes with Solidarites International.
- Develop relationships with INGOs on the ground exploring potential partnership options.
- Where possible, develop donor relations for the pursuit of further funding beyond the existing programme.
- In coordination with HQ technical team, assist in the development of proposals for grant opportunities in Yemen.
- Represent at relevant district/regional level meetings with the government and NGO partners to help inform and support a co-ordinated approach to LSM and other vector born disease control strategies in country.
- Manage human resources in co-ordination with HQ.
- Maintain up to date information on areas covered by vector control campaigns.
- Preparation of relevant sections for weekly, monthly, and other ad hoc reports
- Participation of relevant sections in weekly or more frequent planning meetings.
- Development of relevant sections in other reporting required by grant contracts.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Programme Manager & Grants Manager to the benefit of the programme and its activities.
- At least 3 years field experience in a similar environment and preferably with community based aedes mosquito control programs, or similar, as well as operational research.
- Organised, self-starter, able to build and maintain partnerships
- Experience in managing teams in the field in insecure environments
- Experience in overseeing and managing budgets and administration systems
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Excellent team worker and communications skills
- Practical, hands on approach
- Fluent English
- Familiarity with NGO working environments and standard procedures.
- Ability to work long hours
- Honest, conscientious and reliable
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to The MENTOR Initiative by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for receiving applications: 28th February 2021