Ended Operations Manager
JOB TITLE: Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Building Foundation for Development (BFD), a non-Governmental, non-Profit organization (NGO), a humanitarian-based development-oriented organization which has been extended its coverage its years of experience. It is being committed to contribute in attainment of the sustainable human development goals and realization of the vision of peace and welfare through sustainable and effective development projects.
please visit www.bfdyemen.org for more information.
The Operations Manager will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of operations activities in Yemen in accordance with BFD's policies & procedures and donor requirements. He/she will effectively and efficiently support operations systems, processes and activities so that programs are delivered on time according to organizational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budgets.
As an SMT member, The Operations Manager will improve the capacity and performance of BFD's operations departments based on the international standards of humanitarian aid agencies, enabling excellence in all country operations functions to ensure effective and efficient results that support BFD's strategy for healthy, robust and integrated functions of country program operations
Documentation & Compliance:
Ensure that all operations related activities are well documented, are in compliance to all operations frameworks and set down policies and procedures by:
- Ensuring that all country offices has all framework of guidelines or procedures to follow to implement and maintain an adequate system of internal controls.
- Reviewing all high value contracts, tender documents, and payments ensuring that processes and documentation adhere to the filed procurement policies and procedures, donor regulations.
- Reviewing all proposal/program related support documents and report to ensure the quality and accuracy.
- Conducting quarterly field visits to ensure quality, capacity and compliance, and documentation for all operations activities.
- Developing action plan to improve field offices internal control systems and compliance.
- Conducting quarterly internal audit to operations records, procedures, and activities and report the findings.
- Identify major risks and control weaknesses that could affect an office's operating environment.
- Apply a risk-based methodology with an emphasis on auditing internal controls.
- Ensuring that all staff understand operations protocols, policies and procedures.
- Identifying factors contribute to the possibility of fraud and corruption in operations activities, and setting preventive, deductive and reactive controls
- Training operations staff on the segregation of duties policy and the in country Authority Approval Matrix
- Conducting bi annual refresher trainings and inducting new staff on all Operations policies and procedures.
- Assisting the BFD's Director to implement any outstanding Operations related internal/external audit recommendations.
- Ensure that Operations Staff support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Ensure that Operations Staff conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and BFD's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Ensure that Country Operations is managed in the most cost – effective and efficient way by being responsible for monitoring, collating, analyzing and compiling the following reports at country level:
- Monthly fleet analysis reports.
- Monthly procurement analysis Report.
- Monthly market price assessment Report.
- Monthly assets and inventory Reports.
- Monthly inventory and stock Report.
- Fiscal end-year physical inventory Report
- Grant-End Physical Inventory Report
- Quarterly operations compliance and capacity assessment and internal control evaluation Reports.
- Quarterly field visit and field assessment Report.
- Monthly report of operations performance matrices and KPIs with recommended improvement actions.
- Monthly Security Report
- Monthly Administration Reports
Internal & External Business Partnerships:
Ensure that the operations department works better together with both internal and external stakeholders by:
- Overseeing the implementation of in country operations related emergency preparedness plans
- Provide operational leadership and direction to the country office in program support functions including, procurement, logistics, Admin, Security, & IT with the ultimate objective of maintaining and strengthening operational capacity of BFD to support a major scale-up effort in response to the ongoing crisis and possible post conflict environment
- Managing country level operations tenders, contracts and agreements.
- Provide technical support to field offices when needed.
- Developing country operations systems, policies, and procedures.
- Defining the country operational strategy.
- Developing the annual country operations work plan.
- Setting Country Security Plan.
- Setting operations requirements including country support budget for new proposals.
- Conducting bio-monthly operations update meetings with SMT.
- Managing the operational aspects of the grant kickoff, mid-term, and closure meeting
- Supporting programs in the development and direct managing of country procurement plans (for all awards).
- Participating in Budget Vs Actuals (BVA) meetings and offer necessary support to country programs.
- Contributing in the yearly support budget framework and its revision and anticipate any needs of budget amendments
- Monitoring expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns to BFD Executive Director
- Representing BFD in Operations cluster meetings/workshops for networking, and learning best practices from peer organizations.
- Ensure collaboration & liaising with other support functions (Finance, and MEAL) to effectively provide support to program implementation.
- Managing operations related external communications with Donors, vendors/suppliers, Authorities, & Stakeholders in liaison with BFD Executive Director
Capacity & Performance Development:
- Ensure the program support services are provided in a manner that match the international humanitarian aid work standards, and in compliance to the donors regulations and local laws.
- Ensure all core functions under the program support sections fulfilled with the highest quality and efficiency and are implemented in compliance with BFD and relevant donor policies.
- Conduct an analysis of existing ways of working with the objective to improve cost-effectiveness and efficiency
- Improve communication systems and interface between operations and program teams.
- Continuous identification of priority areas for capacity building for program staff and delivery of appropriate capacity building methods on relevant procedures and policies.
- Conduct assessment of risks facing the country office, in general and particularly in support sections, including the risk of fraud and corruption, exploitation and abuse.
- Establishing framework of guidelines or procedures for BFD to follow, to implement, and maintain an adequate system of internal controls.
- Building capacity of program and support team on donors regulations and internal and external audit systems and procedures.
- Establish a supply planning mechanism between the Programs, Finance and Logistics teams and ensure the Project Procurement Plans are developed and implemented in the field offices.
- Liaise with the Program Manager in proposal development, and fundraising mechanism improvement.
- Developing program support tools including templates, budget plans, work plans, and procurement schedules
- Review, develop and implement systems to improve transparency and to detect and ultimately prevent loss or fraud.
- Build the capacity of operations sections to meet the minimum standards for supply chain and contract requirements based on PMD standards.
- Develop the capacity building strategy for operations department including emergency response preparedness.
- Educate program managers and SMT members with security risk mitigation and safety protocols.
Staff Management – Operations:
Manage the performance of the direct reports through:
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback (documented bi/monthly one-on-one discussions), periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Motivating, coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities.
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/work plans.
- logistic staff in Head Office
- Admin staff in Head Office
- Security staff in Head Office
- IT staff in Head Office
- Operations staff in Office
- At least six (6) years of progressive experience with at least four (4) years’ experience with an international INGO in the areas of operations and logistics and HR.
- Advanced University Degree (Bachelor or Master) in Business Administration, Operations Management, Social Sciences, International Development, Economics or related fields;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple staff and coordinate operations activities
- Excellent teamwork including abilities to coordinate well with diverse individuals and teams and to negotiate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve results;
- Comprehensive knowledge of operations and logistics systems and procedures donor/client-funded projects in Yemen.
- Previous experience working in programs funded by USAID, UN, EC, and other donors preferred
- Strong computer skills in basic, office programs.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written; and
- Fluent in Arabic and English is mandatory ( Oral & Written )
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications through this link:
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date
Deadline to send your application before 28/2/2021