Ended Medical Doctor Psychiatrist
MEDICAL DOCTOR PSYCHIATRIST
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: MEDICAL DOCTOR PSYCHIATRIST
Requirements for the position
- Essential Medical Doctor Diploma and Medical Council Permit.
- Essential at least 2 years certified work experience as Medical Doctor and experience in psychiatric care.
- Mental Health GAP training, is desirable.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.
- Essential Arabic and English
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel).
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress Management
Place of work: Hajjah City, Hajjah Governorate, Republic of Yemen
Duration: Until the end of 2021, with probation period of 3 months.
Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale.
Provide psychiatric care to patients according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, Mental Health GAP, MSF protocols and values to improve the patients’ mental health conditions.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and treat patients referred with suspected psychiatric disorders. Carry out consultations at Mental Health department, prescribe necessary treatment and monitor progress as per mhGAP.
- Making appropriate referrals for patients who may need more specialised inpatient psychiatric care.
- Participate as a member of the mental health team when present and offer supervision and support to national psychologists and counsellor.
- Participate in the control the rational distribution of medicines under his/her responsibility and report on their use.
- Ensure that proper information on treatment and follow up are collected in order to monitor the provision of care.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of mental health data, checking its validity and produce regular reports on psychiatric care. Report regularly to Mental Health Activity Manager (MHAM).
- Participate in weekly case revision with Psychiatric Referent.
- Inform line manager about any complication of the patients illness and medical error
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical and mental health team in order to optimize the quality of mental health care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Participates with the psychologists in integrated psychological and psychiatric approach management of the patient.
- Establish collaboration/communication with medical specialties in order to achieve a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
- Support and collaborate with activities of medical department as directed by the Project Medical Referent which includes providing ER and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, adhering to MSF protocols, supervision of medical activities and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Support and collaborate with Referral Focal Point of the hospital.
- Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and cover letter in English, copy of valid work permit from the medical council in Sanaa, copy of their ID and previous work certificates to the following email address:firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “APPLICATION NAME + MEDICAL DOCTOR PSYCHIATRIST” before the end of 24th February 2021.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.
- Only applications sent through email will be considered, hard copies delivered to the office will not be accepted.