Ended Emergency Team Leader
Emergency Team Leader
Duty Station [Khokha]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.”
Overall purpose of the role
- Supervise members of the emergency team in the area of implementation
Deliver technical support and guidance to team
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of emergency activities being implemented by DRC emergency team and other programs, where needed and relevant
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities
- Lead and manage the team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector/support activities
- Ensure daily monitoring of area
- Asses the daily quality
- Provide technical support and inputs, including capacity building to members of the team
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient planning of program activities to meet the program targets and implementation timeline
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan
- Ensure compliance to DRC and donor requirements and procedures at all times during implementation
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors
- Lead the team in carrying out assessments
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues
- Represent DRC emergency team with relevant stakeholders including authorities, community leaders and government institutions, in close cooperation with DRC Base Manager
- Ensure coordination with other humanitarian actors operating in the area
- Represent DRC at humanitarian meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors
- In close collaboration with the Base Manager and Emergency Manager, develop project plans and budgets for funding
- In close collaboration with the Emergency Specialist, develop projects tools
- Responsible for project implementation and internal and donor reporting
- In close collaboration with MEAl team, monitor and evaluate projects and take corrective actions, if needed
- Responsible for ensuring the team’s compliance to DRC safety procedures and guidelines as established by DRC Safety team, Base Manager and Area Manager
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure accurate financial and stock reconciliations after cash or in-kind distributions
- Support MEAL team with timely data reconciliation of assistance delivered against planned targets
- Ensure that all needed beneficiary information are accurately collected and reported through established mechanisms
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO
- Experience in administrative tasks
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines
- Full professional proficiency in English
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Bachelor Degree in closely relevant field of study
- Arabic - Fluent, reading and writing
- English - Fluent, reading and writing - Required
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Base manager
- Country Emergency Manager
- Local authorities
- Community leaders & representatives
- DRC teams
- Field level humanitarian staff
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract ending on 31 August 2021, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Duty Station (Khokha)
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (G).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close Febraury 23, 2021. “Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we (DRC) reserve the rights to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we receive sufficient application”.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications sent directly to [email@example.com] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo