Ended Community Mobiliser (2)
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE: Community Mobiliser – 2 Positions
Department: Health and Nutrition
Location: Al-Madarebah district – Lahj
Duration: up to 31 January 2022
Salary and Benefits: Basic monthly salary: 767 $ - 958$ based salary calculations
Medical and Life insurance: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents
Objective 1: Strengthen community based screening, detection and referral; community mobilization and sensitization and community engagement :
Objective 2: Reporting and collaboration with the health and nutrition units.
Objective 3: To work in any mobile team that may be having a gap.
TASK & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with community volunteers/leaders to update village population, identify remote areas for mobile sites
- Support project officers in updating village population, number of volunteers under each facility, tracking training of volunteers
- Sensitize the communities within all the villages under Catchment area; ensure activities understanding and support from communities.
- Ensure the proper identification of Community Health Volunteers by communities in close collaboration with Health workers
- Support communities in identifying Community Health Volunteers if not available.
- Participate in elaborating training modules and suitable teaching materials on detection and referral of acutely malnourished children; sick children and PLWs
- Support and follow up CHV in organizing their activities.
- Ensure regular active screening sessions in relation with Health and nutrition unit schedule and support CHVs in conducting them.
- Ensure regular awareness sessions are conducted and support CHVs in providing them to communities.
- Support CHVs in following up cases at home (new admissions, defaulters, etc…)
- Support CHVs in providing referral tickets to identified community members in line with protocols.
- Support CHVs in producing screening and awareness monthly report.
- Provide CHVs with adequate work material (CHV kit) and reporting/referral formats.
- Ensure of follow up of referred cases with the health and nutrition units team.
- Ensure transmission of information from the health/nutrition unit to the CHV for cases to be followed up (defaulters, death, etc,)
- Reinforce the link between community volunteers, health/nutrition units by organizing frequent review strategy/update of activities meeting.
- Produce Regularly accurate reporting weekly and monthly list of the mobilized villages, and the reports of the CV referrals as correct and wrong referrals
- In collaboration with the team leader, establish proper referral and reporting mechanism for CVs.
- Bachelor in any relevant subject with experience working in community based programs
- Higher secondary degree with 1 year experience working in community based programs
- Good understanding of the local context is necessary
- Experience in working with communities is a plus
- Experience in working with community volunteers and training of volunteers is required
- Fluent in Arabic and local language of the working area
- Attention to detail and adherence to systems;
- Experience in detection and referral of acutely malnourished children using MUAC and Odema is preferred
- Experience in facilitating community group discussions/sensitization session is preferred
- Keen to learn and work with communities
- English language would be an asset
- Level of the position: E3.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 23/February/2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted