Ended Finance Officer
Muslim Hands Yemen – Finance Officer Job Description
Muslim Hands is an international relief and development non-government organization established in 1993. The organization is currently working in 52 countries. Muslim Hands works both directly and with partners to carry out short- and long-term projects in education, health livelihoods, WASH and emergency relief.
This an exciting time to join an international NGO with over 26 years’ experience across 52 countries. Muslim Hands Yemen is undergoing new and positive changes. We are building on the capacity of the office, looking to implement new and innovative projects alongside opening new fundraising channels. This role is seen as pivotal to the long-term vision for Muslim Hands Yemen.
Position: Finance officer
Department: Finance Department
Reporting to: Senior Finance officer
Location: Aden – essential travel is required to other areas of Yemen
Contract Type: FT
Objective: The position is responsible for all Financial and banking activities of MH
Finance Officer is responsible for the comprehensive financial management of the Yemen program. This includes the implementation of sound financial controls, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, auditing and forecasting processes, financial risk assessment and management and capacity building for Muslim Hands country offices and partners.
- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements
- Collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process,
- Liaise and assist with external auditors
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Country Manager;
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system;
- Provides financial strategic support to the project leaders as well as to the Quality Finance and Control unit to allow for continuous improvements in the financial system and procedures.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the supervisor .
- Prepare salaries of all MH staff inline with Yemen Tax Laws
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Financial control and monitoring
- Financial analysis and forecasting
- Donor and internal reporting
- External and internal audits
- Financial administration
- Financial Risk management
- Corporate governance & statutory payments
- Budget development for new grants
- Capacity building and coaching of country team
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent qualification
- At least 5 years traceable experience working with INGO’s
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- experience of grant management system.
- Use of Accounting Software, Sage/QuickBooks or such highly recommended.
- Skills and training from within the sector highly recommended
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with - programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Candidates must be in line with Muslim Hands code of conduct, vision and ethics.
- Experience in independent financial planning, budgeting, reporting, project audits and capacity to evaluate these against the political and socio-economic context within which they are carried out;
- Experience and knowledge of relevant financial IT-systems;
- Excellent analytical skills, social skills and you are a team player;
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CV to the email below putting the job title as the email subject to be considered OR will note be:
The closing date for applications is 25 February 2021