Ended Staff Health Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Staff Health Officer 1
Contract type: Open-Ended
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Aden
Staff Health Officer 1 is the focal point for all matters relating to the health of ICRC staff in Aden Mission. In line with ICRC staff health strategy and in collaboration with medical personnel on the spot, s/he promotes and maintains the physical and mental health of ICRC staff.
S/He implements the staff health strategy in below identified domains:
- Policy and guidelines.
- Health promotion and Prevention
- Emergency preparedness and case management
- Quality control and monitoring
- Crises management support
- Mental Health and Psychosocial support.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Carries out health briefings for all new ICRC staff in Aden Mission.
- Assesses and supervises living conditions in the mission and, promotes general hygiene standards (e.g. housing, use of mosquito nets, water filters, hygiene standards of cooks and cleaners, nutritional advice).
- Evaluates the medical structures available and quality of services provided in Aden.
- Identifies and monitors services for the referral and treatment of ICRC staff in the mission.
- Provides advice and support to ICRC staff with health problems.
- In coordination with the staff health unit in Sana’a, provides advice on the medical needs of ICRC staff during transportation and coordinates medical evacuations from the field to the capital.
- Liaises with the staff health unit in Sana’a at local level in case of the repatriation of personnel out of the country.
- With the support of the staff health manager, compiles guidelines and procedures to be followed during the medical evacuation of personnel from the field or out of the country.
- Implements and supervises staff health policies and the ICRC HIV/AIDS programme (where applicable) at the mission level.
- In coordination with the staff health manager, implements and follows up on ICRC stress policy.
- Collects accurate and reliable data on illnesses, accidents and absenteeism, with a view to providing statistics on illnesses and the medical risks taken by all staff in the sub delegation.
- Reviews medical invoices for anonymization and approval of medical expenses.
- Reports to the staff health manager and provides feedback and recommendations on issues related to the staff's health.
- carries out defusing and creates peer support groups following critical incidents in the field; follows up if further intervention is required
- Internally, interacts within the staff health unit in the delegation.
- Externally, maintains working relations with clinics/hospitals regarding staff health.
- Medical doctor, pharmacist or a registered nurse with a psychosocial support background.
- Fluent knowledge of local language, and English.
- Computer proficiency.
Professional Experience Required
- Three years of a medical/clinical experience.
- Experience in mental health and stress management.
- Experience in medical evacuation and transportation.
- Knowledge of tropical health and public health.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Please send your applications by email to email@example.com
indicating in the subject line: Staff Health Officer 1
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 23.02.2021