Ended Field Assistant
Posted on: 11 February 2021
Deadline: 25 February 2021
Job Title: Field Assistant (2)
Duration: 10 months
Starting Date: 01/03/2021
Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in Yemen. It was founded in 1995. SHS, winner of the Nansen refugee award in 2011, for its dedicated work in providing the assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen. SHS is a trusted implementing partner to more than 5 international organizations operating in Yemen. SHS has built a strong career and trust among the local community and the international organizations through its tenure in providing assistance to the IDPS and most vulnerable groups.
[Describe overview of job mission
General JOB SUMMARY:
The overall role of the Field Assistant is to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate different project activities in close coordination. He/she is also responsible for the registration, training, delivering inputs to beneficiaries, in addition to ensuring that project deliverables are timely and of good quality. Field Assistant will perform in the field to promote community participation in different project activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in conducting verification and needs assessments through the collection of primary data.
- Raise awareness on positive through a simple information that will promote essential messages and raise activities in the field according to awareness work plan.
- Mobilize for creating community committees in the target areas according a request from the field Officer.
- Collect potential lists from community committees after being approved by local authorities of the concerned districts.
- Monitors the distribution of the vouchers at Distribution point, as well as to document the distribution process under the supervision of the Field Officer.
- Liaise with local community representatives and stakeholders to promote the project mission and activities and overcome any obstacles or issue that may arise in the field.
- Submit reports of distributions assigned to him/her according to formats of the project on a timely manner to the Field officer.
- Write success stories of beneficiaries.
- Conduct need assessment reports on field level.
- Conducts himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
- REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Field officer
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Storekeeper, Guards.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least a Bachelor Degree in social sciences or a different relevant academic field.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in a field coordination position in shelter sector in a humanitarian setting.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in working with NNGOs & INGOs
- Excellent command of English and Arabic
- Strong writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently
- High ethical standards
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with persons from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Ability to communicate and respond in English is preferable.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs by https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/JYWHNKcZ
Feb 25 2021 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.