Ended Roving Finance Coordinator
Oxfam is a global community who believes poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
The Finance team is responsible for high quality financial management and programme support throughout Oxfam’s Yemen programme, including that of partners, support programme team in development and implementation of the programme in line with the country business plan
The finance team is responsible to provide quality financial management support to Oxfam’s Yemen around £30million of programming across the programme locations with conflicts and difficult to access. Managing the financial functions in the central office and in the field offices. Working with other members of the finance team, ensuring the implementation of efficient financial support systems for Oxfam in Yemen.
The finance team is responsible for ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of Oxfam’s operations in Yemen through management of the Oxfam finance processes and procedures.
To work closely with and support the Finance team in the Yemen Country Programme on day-to-day financial matters concerning the month end closing, yearend process, BVAs preparation, Top up, forecasting, monthly reports, partners related matters. Ensures that Financial and Internal Controls and full compliance with Oxfam GB and donor(s) policies and procedures, build the national staff capacity and assist in the co-ordination and management of the sub offices for humanitarian project with responsibility for financial management.
what the recruiting manager has to say about the role?
The Roving Finance Coordinator is overall responsible for co-ordination and management of the sub offices for humanitarian project with responsibility for financial management, the RFC offers effective and efficient support to finance and programme team related to day to day work and operations. The RFC actively assists (and guides) the teams in developing financial strategies and targets. RFC provides stewardship related to financial matter to ensure that Oxfam and donor policies, procedures and guidelines in are complied. RFC provides support to the Country Finance Manager in all aspects of the financial management of both internally and externally funded project works e.g. funding allocations, exchange rate impact, national staff capacity building, proper archiving, annual budget preparation, partners liquidation reports and relations and year end process.
- Manages a team and/or resources for defined areas of responsibility.
- Controls day-to-day operational activity.
- Contributes to targets and strategies within the team and possibly within the Division.
- Interprets financial information provides advice to programme managers.
- Manages and/or contributes to project work.
- Produces reviewed procedures.
- Influences managers to work differently / adopt procedures.
- Problems are diverse, complex and non-routine, varying between deployments.
- The role requires the ability to analyse and communicate complex information at a simpler level to non-finance staff.
Technical - 70%:
- To act as a focal point on all financial issues relating to the field offices
- To ensure that Oxfam financial procedures are followed in humanitarian programmes, and that compliant systems are developed to accommodate the needs of those programmes.
- To assist in the co-ordination and management of the sub offices for humanitarian project with responsibility for financial management.
- To line manage staff as per Oxfam performance management processes and as per the line management.
- To coach, train and build capacity of finance staff in agreed procedures, particularly in bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures, conduct practical exercises in accounts preparation and on Oxfam internal financial management systems (PeopleSoft)
- In some circumstances, the post holder may have to take responsibility for establishing and/or maintaining administrative aspects of the programme which could include: recruitment of local staff, keeping staff files, respecting local employment laws, paying taxes, and generally ensuring that Oxfam personnel policies are adhered to, establishing an office, including ensuring the necessary communications systems and routines are in place, and that the filing and information flow is properly maintained.
- Support to lead on day to day finance operation needs.
- Contributes to the design of and preparation of regular (monthly/quarterly) management reports to meet the needs of programme managers within the programme and to meet the requirements for regular reporting set by the RC and Oxford, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Advise SFO/FO
- Advise SFO and FO in level of the field offices on establishing and updating of Bank Mandates
- Advise SFOs/FOs at the field on the preparation of month-end reports, BvAs and Cashflow/Top-ups Requests and year-end reports and e-filing in the Box and proper archiving for audit trails and ensure that the proper archiving ( hard and soft) and storing system are maintained to keep all the financial records safe and retained as per the compliances requirement of donors at level
- To work with logistics staff to ensure logistics systems adhere to finance's minimum standards.
- Leads, motivates and supports the Finance staff to work effectively together in their jobs; provides close technical support to Senior Finance Officers/Finance Officers in the field offices
- Support the CFM to establishes effective relations with Programme Managers & other managers for application of dotted line management responsibility of field offices’ finance staff.
- Provide support to the reporting unit and coordinate with field project team on donor narrative and financial reporting, including establishing audit trails, understanding donor requirements.
- Provide advice and support to field team as to appropriate ways of effective accounting on specific grants
- Support the CFM on assessing the performance of offices in complying with financial standards and ensures adequate internal controls are in place.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the programme strategy and annual budget in close collaboration with the Country Director and the Programme team.
- Provide advices and support to the Programme Managers on the preparation of Budget proposals
- Verifies budgets prepared by Field Offices for accuracy and advises on design for optimum monitoring.
- Working with the PMs and SFOs/FO to ensure that all restricted contracts are allocated and phased in OPAL.
- Ensure by providing support to SFOs/FOs on the drafting of budget codes/chart of accounts and its use for easier identification of miscoding/errors and budget monitoring
- Liaises with Donor Accountant/CFM to clarify specific requirements and guidelines, resolve queries on submitted financial reports
General departmental Administration – 24%:
- To ensure that the Oxfam financial department systems, procedures and working practices are adhered to Oxfam procedures and are in integration and harmony of all other departments.
- To attend staff meeting and other related meeting where financial inputs are necessary.
- Follow the Code of conduct at all time and report any misconduct at per HR procedures.
- Adhere to all applicable SoPs, rules and regulations, and report any non-compliances when observed.
- To provide regular management information on the financial status of the humanitarian programme.
Team support – 5%:
- To provide support to Country Offices Finance Team on special projects, unwrapped funds compliance and recommending appropriate ways of effective accounting on these new sources of funding.
- To provide support to country offices on Oxfam on day to day operation.
- to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
Security - 1%:
- Follow all SoP of Security and safety.
- To work closely with relevant staff to ensure that all Oxfam staff adhere the security protocols
- Upon need and advice, collaborate with the Security and Safety unit, and Field Security Focal to train staff in security management as may be requested
- Report any security misconduct and security accident, as per SoP.
Your commitment to Oxfam
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and respond to three key questions related to your experience in finance. Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV and your responses to the above questions. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.