Ended Field Engineer
Job Posting: 12/Feb/2021
Closure Date: 27/Feb/2021, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FNYAR
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Various Locations
Duration: 60 -100 days
Post Number: N/A
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The positions will be based in (Abyan (Ahwar and Khanfer), Aldale’e (Alshoaeeb and Jehaf), Taiz (Hayfan and AlMawaset), Raymah (Alsalfeyah and Aljabeen), Dhamar (Doran Aness), Hadramout (Tarim) Yemen
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative (FAOR), the technical guidance of the Head of Programme, and the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor of Water and Natural Resources Management Program.
Water, Civil engineering.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The Engineer will support the WNR team in ensuring the effective implementation of all aspects of this project related to the rehabilitation/construction of the target site.
- Assessing the target sites against internal guidelines for suitability of the activity
- Preparing BoQs outlining the necessary tools and materials as well as the work plan
- Assessing the standards of delivered materials in terms of the quantity and quality.
- Following up with the cash for work activities
- Training communities on the maintenance of the rehabilitated site
- Writing reports in weekly and monthly basis as requested;
- Assisting WNR team to identify new activities;
- Submitting daily reports for achievement of the activities
- Supporting data entry, documentation and the preparation of documents
- Ensure all activities are carried out according to the plans, designs, and drawings and ascertain the accuracy of the qualities, quantities and proportions of the construction materials are precisely maintained.
- Make sure that the works timely progress in order to meet agreed on deadlines.
- Assume responsibility for finalizing and submitting timely based reports to the responsible officers.
- Review and endorse the CFW beneficiaries’ attendance sheets
- Develop the CFW beneficiaries’ entitlements sheets.
- Any other relevant tasks requested by the WNR sector CTA;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in civil engineering.
- At least three years of relevant experience in CFW implementation modality
- Strong technical expertise in rural projects mainly water harvesting/control infrastructures
- Candidate should be (Permanent or temporary) resident of one of the above listed duty station
- Working knowledge of Arabic
- National of Yemen
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location.
- Extent and relevance of experience in project monitoring.
- Familiarity with UN system, procedures and operational activities;
Selection Criteria/ Technical/Functional Skills
- Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
To apply, please click on the following link: