Ended Medical Specialist – OBGYN (4) (Re-Advertised)
Medical Specialist – OBGYN (4)
Position: Medical Specialist - OBGYN
Location: Hodiedah, Hajjah and Saada
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Duration: Till December 31, 2021, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Provide emergency and inpatient medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth and diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system. This also entails providing general medical care to women and children
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure implementation of reproductive health care components as per national protocol
- Conduct OPD consultation for female patients with focusing on obstetrics and gynecological related diseases
- Managing female triage room and assessing the Obs/Gyn departments according clinical policies
- Prepare government and organizational reports on birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or the medical status of individuals.
- Advise female patients concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal and post-natal periods.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results with submission of required reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis according to organization reporting system.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Monitor patients' condition and progress and consult with other specialty on neonatal care.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients' health and deliver babies safely.
- Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Follow up clinical inpatients and re-evaluate the cases
- Refer patient to medical specialist or another practitioner when necessary.
- Treat diseases of female organs and carry out the ultra- sound exam for the patient as needed
- Conduct job training for midwifes on BEmONC/CEmONC
- Perform family planning services and training midwifes on the basic family planning.
- Direct and coordinate activities of medical staff particular midwives.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs in hospitals or communities for prevention and treatment of injuries or illnesses.
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities required and requested by the program manager or his representative.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) and Arab board or any other official medical board part one and above.
- Valid Medical License
- More than Five years of experience as an Obstetrics and Gynecology doctor.
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Good practical skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Saturday, February 27, 2021
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.
- For national local only.