Ended Finance Officer
Job Title: Financial Officer
Contract type: Full time contract.
Department: Finance Department
Reporting to: Executive Manager
Announcing Date: 15/02/2021
Announcement Closing Date: 23/02/2021
Contract duration: 12 months (3 months’ probationary period)
Al-Amal Foundation for Training and Entrepreneurship (Reyadah), is a non-profit foundation for training and development aiming at providing training services, to qualify young people with technical, vocational and administrative skills in order to meet the requirements and needs of the labor market. The training services include financial advising, consulting and information needed to develop the skills of young entrepreneurs. The role of the foundation is not only limited to provide training services but it, also, includes linking young entrepreneurs with the financial services offered by our co-founder partner; i.e. Al-Amal Microfinance Bank. This connection means involving young entrepreneurs in the membership of Al-Amal club for entrepreneurs where such young entrepreneurs will meet to share and exchange their experiences and knowledge gained from real business world. Thus, they benefit from the experiences of each other in reducing the obstacles that confront entrepreneurs. The ultimate goal is to support the sustainable development of the projects in the sector of entrepreneurship in, general, and young entrepreneurs in particular.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Working in the Finance Department under the supervision of executive manager, the Finance Officer will ensure the accuracy and completeness of Reyadah’s accounting records and will have primary responsibility for managing the monthly accounting cycle as the fallowing responsibilities should be achieved:
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process.
- Liaise and assist with internal/external auditors.
- Oversee annual budgeting.
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the Foundation’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system.
- Provides financial strategic support to the project leaders, as foundation's executive manager to allow for continuous improvements in the financial system and procedures.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field.
- At least Two years’ experience in the Finance Department of an international/local NGO is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of financial principles, policies, regulations and accounting processes.
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Very good oral and written English skills.
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed CV to the following email address until 23 February 2:00 PM.