Ended HR & Administration Assistant
Job Title: HR & Administration Assistant
Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
Location: Yemen | Aden
Overtime Eligible: per local law
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Since establishing its presence in the South of Yemen, in the Red Sea Coastal city of Aden, the organization has grown from just an implementing small projects to handling large scale emergency and relief operations. Following the war which broke out in Yemen in March of 2015 and the humanitarian disaster, which was crafted by the same, IRC launched one an emergency response program in the southern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Shabwah and Aldalea. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen and Sana’a and Hodeidah in the North through direct programming and through local partnerships, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment.
SCOPE OF WORK: IRC is seeking a dynamic HR & Administration Assistant to assist HR & Administration officers in day-to-day tasks and on delegation backstopping cover tasks of HR Officers and Senior HR & Admin Officer.
JOB SUMMARY: Under supervision of Senior HR & Admin Officer. The HR & Administration Assistant supports in tasks including contracting, leave timesheet management, insurance, staff benefits management and Office Administration duties.
- Regular and open communication on day-to-day tasks with HR Officers and Snr. HR Admin Officer.
- Communication with all staff regarding any day-to-day requests.
- Review and update timesheet tracking schedule on monthly basis and sharing with the HR Officer.
- Responsible for filling/updating employee tracker & checklist upon filing new documents in staff file.
- Communicate with new staff to submit health insurance documents upon employment.
- Facilitate exit staff process by supporting in handing over assets and submitting exit forms on last day of employment.
- Filing and archiving exit clearance documents in staff HR record after final settlement of end of contract payment.
- Assist in preparation, printing and submitting end of service certificates and filing for HR records.
- Assist in scanning of staff medical claims, audit requirements and other payments upon request.
- Coordinate/Facilitate transferring of medical cards to field offices upon receiving them from medical insurance company.
- Maintain central staff files and administration files. Ensure confidentiality of critical files.
- Distribute correspondence including internal memos and maintenance of mail registers.
- Ensure that standard IRC forms are made available to all staff, and they are utilized accurately.
- Phone/SIM cards distribution according to IRC Mobile communication policy.
- Update airtime mobile SIM tracker & staff contact list when required in coordination with supervisor.
- Process background checks for incentive workers for all programs and facilitate the annual renewals of the same for the incentive staff.
- Raise operations Purchase Requests upon request including for food supplies, cleaning materials as per requested.
- Handle stationary procurement and tracking consumption of stationary stock and raise the Purchase Requests when required to refill the stock.
- Facilitate printing and distributing IRC identity cards upon on boarding of new staff.
- Coordinate/Facilitate medical checks for residency and PCR tests for travel for international staff.
- Assist in the visa application processes, hotel bookings and payments, preparation of service contracts, airport pickups and flight bookings when required.
- Assist and follow-up payment submission to finance department including position advertisement payments, commercial flight payments, Airtime payments.
- Any other duty as may be delegated by supervisor.
On delegation, support and assist with:
- Preparation of monthly payroll update monthly severance database.
- Preparing health insurance and social security payments on monthly basis.
- Update medical and life insurance database upon onboarding/exit of staff.
- Requesting creation and deletion of IRC emails for staff through IRC people’s directory.
- Maintain oversight on contract periods and initiate discussion on contract reviews with supervisors.
- Ensuring all contracts/casuals payment requisitions are done in a timely manner.
- Verification of leave prior to approval and updating the leave tracker for all staff on a weekly basis.
- Periodically support the monthly orientation of staff on IRC Policies and procedures
- Support preparation of pay actions that need approval for payroll implementation including overtime, pay increments, allowances, etc.
REQUIREMENTS: (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
A. Education: Relevant university degree preferably in Business Administration, Business English, Law, Human Resources,
- 6 months to 1 year experience (Preferable in NGOs)
- General knowledge or exposure to Human Resources, Administration, and regular day to day office tasks.
- Knowledge and good skills with computer; MS office, internet/emails, standard spreadsheet excel databases.
C. Skills and Abilities:
- Very good written and verbal skills in both English and Arabic language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Good interpersonal skills that function across a diversity of multi cultures work environment.
- Good facilitator, standout colleague with flexible attitude in solving problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent people skills, culturally sensitive with the ability & interest to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Strong computer skills: e.g., Windows, MS office programs, word, excel, internet/email.
- Active listening and effective communication.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Professionalism and work ethic.
- Receptive and Resilient.
- Positive Interpersonal interactions
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equity. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: Mar 1, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.