Ended Health and Nutrition Officer
03 Health and Nutrition officer – Hajjah
The Health and Nutrition officer has responsibility for the management of the health and Nutrition project including Under overall guidance and supervision of health and nutrition coordinator and in close coordination with health and nutrition coordinator, health officer will support the daily operational management of all component of primary health care activities in the assigned region, and provide the technical support for health team, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate health services delivery according to national protocol.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Under the direct guidance of health and nutrition coordinator ensure the effective management and development of the Emergency health and Nutrition programmes assessment, monitoring, review and evaluation of the situation and programme and within the framework of the overall SC emergency response.
- Led on the day to day implementation and supervision of Health and Nutrition programs at Hajjah Sub field office.
- Ensure timely and quality implementation of activities in compliance with the defined project and Country Strategy as well as SCI and donor guidelines.
- Prepare, manage and regularly update the project activities work plan, procurement plan, recruitment plan, and MEAL plan.
- Ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization of tools with the different stakeholders involved in health /nutrition activities.Ensure minimum standards are maintained in accordinace with humanitarian relief and MOH guidelines. (MISP, SPHERE ..etc)
- Leading, in coordination with the relevant departments, the monthly Budget vs. Actual (BvA) meeting and liaise regularly with H&N coordinator and Finance to monitor project spending.
- Provide technical support to SC staff, partners and government authorities on the planning, implementation and management of the Nutrition and Health programmes.
- Prepare timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Attend weekly meeting with Health and Nutrition project staff, Officer to monitor progress in implementation, exchange information,discuss challenges and plan forward.
- Ensure that appropriate staffing levels are in place and provide regular support, supervision and implementation of other staff management processes including staff performance management.
- Ensure that staff responsibilities are clearly defined, understood and objectives are set against work plans and regularly monitored.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for H&N staff and work to increase their competencies, capacities and own personnel development. Ensure effective involvement of staff in running the programme through participatory approach in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and decision-making.
- Ensure that staffs perform well and they are monitored in daily basis to fulfil requiredindicators of the program.
- To maintain and strengthen established links with NGOs, and other agencies including government ministries and agencies.
- Identify program supplies need and perform drug and stock management of medicine including planning, storag, and transport in close coordination with logistic team.
- Maintain working relationship with relevant host government ministries, UN agencies, International and local non-governmental health organizations and for Health and Nutrition programme.
- Work to enhance integration of multi-sectoral activities with other sectors such as WASH to increase impact.
- Coordinate with logistics, administration, and finance units to procure all equipment, supplies and materials required to implement the project activities, ensuring cost efficiency and accountability in compliance with SCI and donor regulations and procedures.
- Undertaking field visits to provide guidance and supervision as well as to regularly monitoring the progress of activities.
- Ensure WFP standarads are applieid and followed and CPDR reports have accurate data and are delivered on timely basis.
- Preparing periodic project narrative and financial reports are delivered , according to SCI and donor requirements.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of all SC resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Provide support and work closely with MEAL team in carrying out assessments and evaluations.
- Comply with SC policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, child safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunity and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform any other tasks as required by line manager or technical manager
- Medical certificate in Medicine or Nursing or Public Health and Nutrition/ public health professional or releated certificate with at last 3 years experience in Related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years experience in implementing emergency health and nutrition programs.
- Fluent in writing and speaking English.
- Proven ability to manage a programme including management of human and material resources.
- Experience staff training and capacity building of national structures.
- Understanding rights based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
- Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relations with relevant local authorities in political and militarily sensitive environments.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants please apply direct ( Link )
The deadline for receiving applications is 23th /02/2021.