Ended MEAL Assistant
MEAL Assistant – Hajjah
The purpose of this role is to provide essential support to Save the Children’s programs focusing on the development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems.
The incumbent will work very closely with the MEAL Unit and program managers as well as all concerned project staff and project beneficiaries in establishing accountability mechanisms.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Programme Activity Support
- Assist the MEAL SCI’s assessment, baseline, end-line, KAP studies, and varifications as required that requires significant data collection.
- Cross-reference data from multi source documents and Maintain confidentiality of program data.
- Assist in validation of beneficiaries’ lists, PDMs, DDMs and other field validation activities.
- Conduct very good translation independently for all written tasks of the tools, questionnaires, surveys, etc.
- Contribute to the lead of implementing a monthly design and roll-out of standardized and quality tools, methodologies, and quality monitoring plan in selected areas of intervention detailing the planned QM activities in which will lead to develop a sense of quality programming.
- Participate in community outreach activities such as review program brochures, leaflets, awareness materials, etc and hygiene promotion days. Identify topics for research and document/share best-practices and lessons learned.
- Conduct market monitoring and traders assessment when required.
- Support the MEAL Unit by providing the necessary information to beneficiaries on SCI, project details and beneficiary entitlements. This will include drafting standardised and project specific information packs and will be delivered verbally or through posters / other mechanisms.
- Write a monthly report to the MEAL indicating the type of activities conducted and detailing key successes and challenges.
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly programmatic narrative reports.
- Assist in inductions to community, beneficiaries, partner organisations and all SCI staff on accountability, including HAP standards (Humanitarian Accountability Partnership) and Core Humnaitarian Standards.
- Ensure that children, women and other vulnerable community members are included in all accountability activities.
- Any other tasks as requested by the line management.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Actively participate in the Country Office’s emergency preparedness and planning processes with regard to any activities within the MEAL unit.
- In case of emergency, be prepared to contribute to the delivery of an appropriate and timely response to all SCI initiatives needs.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained.
- Perform such other responsibilities as agreed with line management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants please apply direct (Link )
The deadline for receiving applications is 23th /02/2021.