Ended M&E Officer
Terms of Reference
Reports to: H&N MEAL Specialist
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
Under the direct supervision of the H&N MEAL Specialist (or as assigned by the MEAL Unit Manager), the M&E Officer is responsible for provision of effective support on the day-to-day implementation of the project's MEAL plan, activities and deliverables, and contribute to achieve and improve the quality of the project. The M&E Officer will support the development of M&E systems, ensuring quality and accountability standards are integrated into the regular MEAL activities. The M&E Officer will also maintain all data, conduct relevant need assessments, ensure full compliance of rules and regulations for project implementation and developing frequent reports on all project activities.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of project results.
- Establish a comprehensive MEAL plan on monthly basis with the assistance of the M&E focal points that include the dates, locations of the attended field visits and project review meetings.
- Arrange to conduct projects review meetings on monthly basis with the project/program team and prepare the minutes with the corresponding outcomes, actions point to be circulated with the concerned staff.
- Train field monitor on data record and entry of the required statistical datasets.
- Provide technical guidance when needed to ensure effective and accurate registration of the statistics in HFs.
- Coordinate with Data Entry Clerk to verify and validate weekly and monthly RH report submitted from HFs.
- Ensure that monthly RH and MCs Reports are provided on time.
- Ensure that Field monitors Collect and organize the scanned copy of reproductive health records.
- Ensure referral cases database and copies of original referring format are collected and disseminated in monthly basis
- Ensure the proper and timely collection, organizing and archiving (electronic and hard copy) of all indicator MOVs with assistance of the M&E focal points on a monthly basis.
- Revise, proofread and amend all of the M&E reports (Field visits, Progress reports, Training evaluation reports, Baseline/Endline surveys, Post-monitoring reports, Satisfactions surveys) and ensure all of the report are in full compliance with the organization’s templates, tools and fulfilling the minimum reporting requirements.
- Sensitize beneficiaries of the complaint and feedback mechanism (CFM).
- Make sure that CFM have been set in place through efficient channels.
- Responsible of complaints and recommendations receiving, recording and follow-up FCM channels.
- In collaboration with the project team, identify and document programmatic successes, best practices, challenges and lessons learned.
- In collaboration with the project team and Communication and Media Department prepare success and humanitarian stories related to the project.
- Preparing monthly M&E report according to work plan reflecting the project progress, achievements in the project, and challenges.
- Recommend further improvement of the logical framework.
- Conduct monthly field monitoring visits as required using a standardized monitoring and evaluation checklists to assess the overall performance of the project activities.
- Ensure project indicators are met, meeting beneficiaries to get their feedback about service rendered.
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by H&N MEAL Specialist.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Advanced University Degree in public health or any other related field.
- 2-3 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in developmental and humanitarian response programming and cluster approach.
- Field experience is a strong asset.
- Demonstrated experience mobilizing resources for humanitarian assistance; familiarity with donors that fund humanitarian activities in Yemen.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral, and strong inter-personal skills.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team under pressure and proven ability to deliver against targets and meeting deadlines within a short time frame.
- Proven skills in assessment methodology design and questionnaire design.
- Experience in primary and secondary data collection techniques.
- Analytical and strategic thinking.
- Excellent computer skills (Windows, Excel spreadsheets, word-processing).
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic with the ability to translate complex material and data into clear and concise materials and reports.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 01 Mar 2021 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.