Ended Finance Analyst
Job Posting: 16/Feb/2021
Closure Date: 03/Mar/2021, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FNYAR
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Yemen-Sana'A
Duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Finance Specialist and Assistant FAO Representative (Admin) in Yemen, and in close cooperation with FAO Units, the incumbent shall provide support in the formulation and implementation of the field programme at country office level.
The Finance Analyst performs a large variety of routine administrative and financial duties in support of the control and maintenance of accounts and in the processing of finance/ accounting/ budget-related transactions. The incumbent exercises judgment, identifies errors and supports sound financial practice.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure a high level of collaboration among Finance at the national and field levels
- Track the Finance activities progress and ensuring timely delivery of inputs and outputs;
- Identify expenses and disbursements that should be requested to FAO for the timely execution of the projects, under FAO rules and procedures
- Monitoring and control of Inventory stock items and provide inputs for the Procurement Plan on a quarterly basis; ensuring sufficient stock of fast-moving office supplies and to maintain “Bin Cards” for every stock item
- Ensure safekeeping of all sensitive items and properties of the organization
- Extraction of data from various sources related to the management of assets and preparation of Inventory reports, as required. Ensures that an ADM83 Form is completed in case of Loss or Theft of assets;
- Ensure management on physical assets disposal. Completion of documentation preparation for submission for action; follow up on request and liaise with requesting unit and maintenance for disposal action;
- Ensure meeting deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit;
- Maintain administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures;
- Ensure adherence to corporate financial systems, rules and regulations, policies and practices and to required recording and documentation standards:
- Ensure proper and regular coordination with all of the Units/Departments involved in the disbursement of cash to beneficiaries (Cash-Based Transfer) as per budget and plan
- Reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data; assist in the preparation of recurring and special reports by preparing and editing data in appropriate format as requested
- Ensure Financial Service Providers (FSP) are facilitating beneficiary payments
- Ensure up to date track and reconcile Payment instructions and reports
- Ensure cash transfer payments are properly reconciled as per organization’s rules and regulations.
- Compile the Disbursement Vouchers with corresponding supporting documentation for certification and approval by signatories, thereafter files them;
- Follow up on all overdue advances and review creditors reconciliations. Review the Bank Letter Authorization based on the approved Transfer Instruction issued by the CBT Unit and confirming receipt;
- Work with the M&E teams to review the received documents from the FSP to facilitate the reimbursement to the FSP. Run and analyse the transaction listing for the Regular Programme budget;
- Process claims or invoices and other payments requests in line with relevant regulations and instructions;
- Ensure that all supporting documents and information required to justify payment, including receipts, banking details, etc., are complete before releasing payments;
- Settle invoices and claims after verification of supporting documents in close collaboration with the Cash-Based Transfer Unit;
- Compile and verify budget and accounting data by checking files, calculating costs and estimating anticipated expenditures; following authorization, make disbursements from petty cash as per delegation, maintain records of such disbursements and balance accounts as required;
- Assist in the preparation of periodic accounting records, finance and budget documents; record receipts and disbursements (ledgers, cash books, vouchers, etc.);
- Reconcile data for recurring or special reports; maintain contacts with local banks including FSPs, verify account status and currency exchange rates and obtain approval for cheque clearance;
- Support reporting needs and audits with data and supporting documents as required;
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Education –Advance degree in Finance, Business Administration (or closely related field)
- Five years of relevant experience in administration, accounting or finance
- Fluency in English and Arabic Language.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange, Oracle, GRMS, or any related software) etc.
- National of Yemen.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of financial rules and regulations, accounting policies and practices
- Good knowledge of corporate financial systems
- Good knowledge of the communication and documentation standards
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
Selection Criteria/ Technical/Functional Skills
- Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- To apply please click on the link:
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.