Job Posting : 16/Feb/2021
Closure Date: 03/Mar/2021, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FNYAR
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Yemen-Sana'A
Duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Head of Support Unit (Admin/Finance), Administrative Officer, in Yemen, the incumbent shall provide support in the formulation and implementation of the field programme at country office level.
The Finance Specialist develops and maintain processes on the financial aspects, tenders, procurement and other financial functions, ensuring compliance with FAO norms and procedures.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate and closely monitoring the implementation of Finance activities
- Coordinate Financial transactions and activities with other ongoing activities, especially those of co-financers
- Maintain impress accounts and supervise the reconciliation of expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data
- Assist Procurement Unit in the process of selection of financial partners, responsible for the disbursement of cash
- Supervise the process of cash distribution. Work in close cooperation with technical units to develop solid monitoring systems to mitigate risks associated to CBT programmes
- Coordinate the regular monitoring of Asset Management and ensure compliance to the Finance Rules and Regulations.
- Supervise the yearly physical verification and coordinate the timely reporting of inventory stock count in close collaboration with RNE Asset Management & Inventory focal point and SSC FA Services.
- Work in close cooperation with program\projects management, M&E and operations units to ensure smooth implementation of activities, in line with the organisation’s mandate, standards, rules and regulations
- Act as liaison between the program and financial teams to ensure continuity, accuracy, and adherence to key processes related to grant management, systems used and reporting;
- Monitor financial management of grant funds to ensure consistency with agreed technical plan and actual implementation;
- Financial and technical reporting; monthly, quarterly and annual reports as per donor requirements;
- Provide support during the organization’s annual external audits;
- Facilitate in designing and preparation of simple and competitive business proposals including financial analyses;
- Maintain liaison with local banks and financial institutions to keep up-to-date with financial and regulatory information (exchange and interest rates, procedures and rules, maintenance of bank accounts, etc.).
- Maintain detailed records of the office petty cash fund and handle its proper replenishment in the system.
- Handle operational advances disbursed under identified projects and ensure proper clearance of the advances through submission of all corresponding documentation and also reflect the same in the system.
- Verify supporting documents to ensure completeness before payments are processed while ensuring compliance to the Finance Rules and Regulations and internal control;
- Support the Head of Support Unit (Admin/Finance) in providing all necessary information for audits
- Assign duties, supervise, train and line manage the Finance Analyst and Senior Finance Assistant
- Perform other related duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Education –Advance degree in Finance, Business Administration (or closely related field)
- Five years of relevant experience in administration, accounting or finance
- Fluency in English and Arabic Language.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange, Oracle, GRMS, or any related software) etc.
- National of Yemen.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment. Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience in the field of office management, finance and administration including supervisory experience
- Extent of knowledge of UN or standard operational and financial rules and procedures and project/programme administrative management procedures
- Extent of knowledge of FAO’s corporate systems and data base, or knowledge of other accounting or financial modules or applications relevant to accounting procedures or project budget management would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated analytical and judgment skills and ability to apply rules and regulations in the subject field
Selection Criteria/ Technical/Functional Skills
- Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- To apply please click on the link:
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.