Ended Health Program Manager
Job Title: Health Program Manager
Duty Station: Ibb /Taiz
International Medical Corps has maintained a presence in Yemen since 2012, providing lifesaving support to people in need. In 2015, International Medical Corps transitioned its development-focused nutrition and health interventions to a rapid emergency response in order to provide lifesaving health and nutrition support to the people due to the ongoing humanitarian emergency. International Medical Corps so far has expanded its integrated health, nutrition, food security, and WASH activities to the most severely affected governorates in the country.
The position will be based in Taiz and Ibb and will report to the Health & Nutrition Coordinator. The person will be responsible for managing IMC’s health team based in Taiz and Ibb and all health programming across the Ibb/Taiz field sites and for ensuring implementation of the project in accordance with the IMC set standards and protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
List essential job responsibilities in order of priority. Consider the percentage of time engaged in activities. When feasible, essential responsibilities should be described in terms of outcome rather than task-oriented.
The health program manager is responsible for the programmatic and technical implementation of all health -related activities within his/her area of responsibility. As the health programmatic lead, he/she will be responsible in ensuring that activities are within the approved scope of deliverables and budget and as the technical lead, he/she is responsible to ensuring that interventions are at par to standards as per project design, IMC standards and MOPHP guidance.
- Represent and actively participate in health coordination meetings and other relevant meetings in behalf of IMC in areas of responsibility
- Provide documented feedback to his/her supervisors on meetings attended
- Represents the field site health department during site and country level meetings and calls
- Coordinate with his/her subordinates and his/her technical supervisor and direct reporting line to determine opportunities for collaboration with DOH or other relevant agencies to maximize resources
- Take lead in coordinating with other sectors and support departments to ensure integrated implementation of services
- Supports operational support, liaison and security colleagues in acquiring endorsement from relevant health authorities to obtain pass authorizations
- Contributes to the technical inputs and review of field inputs with regard to over-all health interventions pertinent to the project design
- Lead project conceptualization including coordination of health technical assessment activities to inform project conceptualization
- Review and refine programmatic and technical field inputs at the site level in accordance to globally endorsed and MOPHP standards
- Identify potential field level partnerships which can contribute to the country strategic objectives
- Take lead following up with support departments to ensure that all programmatic needs are provided in a timely basis in accordance to work plans, procurement plans and HR
- Regularly review and update program management tools with the assistance of the health program officer, being mindful of achievements against project indicators
- Provide feedback to his/her technical supervisor and field site coordinator of any
- Takes lead in managing site specific health program budgets in coordination with his/her technical team (pharmacy officer, medical officer, community health officer)
- Provides accurate inputs on budget projections and actual expenditure for site specific health program budgets on a monthly basis as per feedback from his/her technical team and counterparts from other support departments (procurement and finance)
- Responsible for the over-all technical quality of inputs, interventions and reports at field site level
- Directly supervises the pharmacy officer, community health officer, medical officers, HIS officer and health program officers to ensure that country program interventions and project objectives are met in accordance to committed standards
- Lead the health staff on medical facility assessments, data quality assurance, analysis and interpretation of data, disease surveillance, emergency preparedness, outbreak response and other relevant subjects related to program management in coordination with the MEAL department
- Work closely with his/her subordinates to undertake ongoing assessments of population needs and adapt the program interventions accordingly in coordination with the MEAL department
- Lead and oversee field health teams, in coordination with the focal lead for medical commodities ,community health and health facility support
- Ensure timely delivery of program components according to proposed activities and available funds through regular technical and programmatic meetings at field site level with his/her direct reporting lines including MEAL and other relevant support department heads.
- Provide support through the medical officers in ensuring that all supported health facilities including medical mobile units are equipped and maintained according to the Minimum Service Package of Yemen
- Review and schedule site visits for monitoring and supervision to ensure quality of services, accurate data collection and verification of pharmaceuticals, supplies and equipment
- Take lead in ensuring that joint monitoring and supervisory visits are planned and executed with relevant government counterparts
- Takes the lead in identifying technically and programmatically talented individuals to join the site health department with technical consultation from the medical coordinator
- Follow up with team and individual performance against IMC core competencies
- Provides timely feedback to the human resource department in consultation with his/her field site coordinator and medical coordinator on any breach of IMC policies and procedures as well as non-compliance to technical standards respectively
- Comply with any HR action which his/her support may be called upon in accordance to IMC’s HR policies and procedures
- Responsible for the accuracy and veracity of data collected from health facilities through his/her technical team
- Ensures that data are summarized into field reports using data collected, providing relevant analysis and interpretation on morbidity trends taking into consideration contextual information
- Review and complete relevant activity reports to include training, supervisory and site visit reports prior to submission to the field site coordinator and technical supervisor
- Monitor and analyze data with technical team to flag possible outbreaks during the emergency phase
- Responsible for his/her own personal and professional development by regularly attending learning opportunities online or face-to-face
- Take lead in identifying professional and technical training needs for his/her team
- Provide a site specific training plan according to training needs assessments for health service providers in collaboration with relevant health authorities such as the GHO and DHO
- Any other duty deemed necessary for the fulfillment of program objectives as discussed with supervisor
- Actively promote Child Protection, PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) and Anti – Human Trafficking standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries and colleagues .
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.
report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org Please do not submit your CV or application to this email address, it will not be considered for review
Reporting to: Field Site Coordinator
Personnel Qualifications (Special training/experience required) provide at least 6-7 requirements:
1. Qualified health care professional (medical doctor, nurse, midwife, pharmacist)
2. Clinical experience of at least 1- 2 years
3. Must submit copies of highest educational qualifications received and present original upon interview
4. Familiar with the Yemeni Minimum Service Package
5. Knowledge and previous experience on a supervisory role preferred but not essential. Administrative experience within the Yemeni MOPHPH system a plus
6. Able to analyze and interpret data and track program performance against program indicators
7. Ability to work under pressure and willing to be on call when the need arises
8. English writing and reading skills essential
9. Ability and willing to work in resource limited and insecure settings
10. Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
11. Ability to work effectively with various personalities and is culturally sensitive
12. Able to articulate effectively and communicate well with others
13. Willing to work with a team
14. Proficiency in Arabic with knowledge in verbal and written English preferred
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
To apply please send your CV to the email IMC-TaizHR@internationalmedicalcorps.org and you need to mention the job title in the subject of the email