Ended Program Assistant
Muslim Hands YEMEN –
Muslim Hands is an international relief and development non-government organization established in 1993. The organization is currently working in 52 countries. Muslim Hands works both directly and with partners to carry out short- and long-term projects in education, health livelihoods, WASH and emergency relief.
This an exciting time to join an international NGO with over 26 years’ experience across 52 countries. Muslim Hands Yemen is undergoing new and positive changes. We are building on the capacity of the office, looking to implement new and innovative projects alongside opening new fundraising channels. This role is seen as pivotal to the long-term vision for Muslim Hands Yemen.
Position: Education and Child protection Assistant
Department: Programs Department
Line manager: CP/Education Senior officer
Location: Aden – essential travel is required to other areas of Yemen
Contract Type: FT ( six month with possibility of extension.)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- With support from the CP/Education Senior Officer, develop, implement weekly activity.
- Raise and follow up the procurement of project material and follow up with relevant department to ensure getting things on time.
- Disseminate information to communities (leaders, parents, partner etc.) About education issues and available services.
- Hold meetings with community committee who are serving children and community to understand their education priorities familiarize them with the projects and its objectives and engage them in the process.
- Ensure that the Education program is implemented in ways that are responsive to communities and children, in line with MHY’s principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with MHY’s procedures.
- Gain technical knowledge on education and other relevant areas so as to provide support and trainings to teachers and community members to maintain the standards and improve the quality of project activities.
- Work closely with partner Organization staff for effective project implementation. Collect program data properly and regularly and ensure that it is logically presented to the Data Management assistant.
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports
- Participate in team reviews of results and program progress and/or project evaluation when and as requested
- Collaboration with other team members across to ensure synergies and consistency in our programming approaches.
- Represent programming with local government, NGOs, communities and within MHY as appropriate.
Comply with MHY policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, fraud and other relevant policies and procedures.
holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling MHY values
builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- University degree.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum one-year professional experience with INGO, NGO supporting Education Program
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
- Strong understanding of the contextual situation related to education.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of participatory development, child participation, education.
- Strong verbal and written English skills and in the local language
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and work long hours.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email)
- Commitment to and understanding of MHY’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Background in Emergency programming is an asset.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CV to the email below putting the job title as the email subject to be considered OR will note be:
The closing date for applications is 27 February 2021