Ended Community Health Manager
Job title: Community Health Manager
Band / Level / Grade: 7 B
Location : Aden
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees required to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing coordinated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. IRC Yemen Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwah.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Health Coordinator, Community Health Manager will be responsible for the planning, implementation and monitoring of the CH program and ensure that program goals, objectives, targets, and activities are met, as stated, and agreed in the project work plan and log frame.
- Train CH team in coordination with the other sub-sectors at the field level (formal and informal).
- Analyze records, reports and activities information from the team and to supervisor on the progress of the project on a monthly basis. Ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of the collected data
- Ensure & supervise the selection and deployment of appropriate community-based volunteers as per agreed selection criteria in close collaboration with the MoPHP and Community leaders
- Coordinate and facilitate with the CH officer basic and refresher training for CHVs/CHWs as per the national and IRC guidelines.
- coordinate a monthly plan and discuss with the team the require activities that need to be implemented.
- Ensure Timely processing of contracts and submit payment of Community volunteers /workers as per IRC policy and procedures.
- Coordinate with the team to prepare regular weekly updates/reports and follow-up on its implementation.
- Develop/revise recording & reporting tools, good quality supervision checklists and feedback mechanism to guide the changes in achieving program targets over time.
- Ensure that the Community health program is utilizing high standard protocols, policies and guidelines as prescribed by MoPHP and WHO
- Build Strengthen referral mechanisms between household levels with health facilities/MHTs where possible to ensure and increase access of individuals who need more health care.
- Ensure regular supervision and monitoring activities at village, district, and governorate level .Share findings and recommendations with supervisor and other health units.
- Submit timely request and follow up with SC team for all crucial medicines, tools and other items required for the CH activities
- Participate and provide credible inputs in proposal development, budget preparation, procurement plan and spending plan & work plan as well as budget review process as relevant.
- Coordination with supply chain to ensure availability of required logistic (transport) and timely supply of materials for the community activities.
- Participate in build developing and implementing of needs assessments activities, baseline, and mid-term and end line surveys as required.
- prioritize of information, education, and communication (IEC) materials related to CH, prioritize audience for the IEC, type of IEC materials and find ways how to communicate the information to the selected audiences.
- coordinate regular weekly/bi-weekly meetings with CH teams and attend other internal and external meetings as vital and relevant.
- undertake annual performance appraisal of the CH team and mid-term review as per the requirement of IRC national staff policy.
- Collaborate & Work closely with other sectors within IRC especially with Nutrition and EH sectors as CHVs will be trained also on EH and Nutrition related messages and managerially handled by the CH Manager.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with community leaders and partners in the field.
- Represents IRC at coordination meetings, as designated by the Health Coordinator, or Field Coordinator
- Perform all other duties assigned by your supervisor/Health Coordinator relevant to this JD.
Key Working Relationships:
Build a positive relationship with the Ministry of Health, community leaders in the target governorates.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure a broad approach in line with IRC’s Program Framework principles and IRC Yemen coordinated program.
- Represent IRC in health coordination meetings in the health cluster and other working groups as required
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine or program development.
- Master’s in public health or other health fields is an added advantage
- Five year’s work experience in health program and 2 Years in Implementing and supervising community health activities
- Experience to implement mental health activities at community level such as mental health gap action program (MhGAP) for CHWs and thinking healthy program CHWs.
- Experience in mentoring and training staff and/or partner organizations; experience of handling staff desirable.
- understanding of social organization, and community health issues
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- understanding of budget management
- Excellent supportive and interpersonal skills
- High standard of spoken and written Arabic and English
- computer skills literacy including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience working with online data collection tools and ICT platforms preferable
- Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Willing to travel frequently (daily) to different locations in Yemen.
Work Environment: Aden with travel to IRC’s field offices.
The IRC and IRC workers make sure to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: Feb 24, 2021 .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.