Medical Equipment Consultant
NOTE: The reference no has been added below
Title: Health and Nutrition projects which need Medical equipment
Reference No: MEC2021
Islamic Relief established its office in Yemen in 1998. Currently along with a registered & well- established country office in the capital Sana’a, Islamic Relief Yemen (IRY) has eight functional offices in Hodeida, Amran, Dhamar, Aden, Maarib, Saada, Raymah and Taiz governorates of the country.
IRY is seeking the services of a Biomedical Engineering Consultant with experience in Tenders analysis. The Consultant will assist the project in technical analysis for the tenders.
the Biomedical Engineering Consultant will be required to;
- Review the provided list of Medical equipment (add unit measure, recommended country of Origin etc)
- Assess the market availability of the required medical equipment and provide a rough estimate of the market price of each item.
- Initiate and fast-track the procurement process of Medical equipment in collaboration with IRY Country Office Health and Nutrition department and procurement unit.
- Prepare final technical analysis for the procured Medical equipment and follow up with field teams to ensure the items delivered matches what was approved at procurement stage.
- Undertake any other assigned roles by the line supervisor
- Prepare a comprehensive technical analysis report
- If needed he travel to the delivery point to help in verification/ receipt of supplies.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biomedical Engineering is preferred OR Clinical Engineering, Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering with equivalent biomedical engineering accreditation.
- Skills, experience and qualifications required.
- Three years of experience in relevant field (Medical Engineering) for bachelor degree and five years of experience for diploma.
- Experience in tender analysis for hospitals, development related agencies and projects.
- Preferred to have Previous experience of consultancy working with NGOs.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply via below link