Ended Pharmacist Consultant
NOTE: The reference no has been added below
Terms of Reference
Reference NO: PHC2021
Title: Health and health and Nutrition projects which need Medicines and lab reagents
Islamic Relief established its office in Yemen in 1998. Currently along with a registered & well- established country office in the capital Sana’a, Islamic Relief Yemen (IRY) has eight functional offices in Hodeida, Amran, Dhamar, Aden, Maarib, Saada, Raymah and Taiz governorates of the country.
IRY is seeking the services of a pharmacist consultant with experience in tenders’ analysis. The consultant will assist the project in technical analysis for the tenders.
The Pharmacist Consultant will be required to;
- Review the provided list of Medicines and Medical Supplies (add unit measure, recommended country of Origin etc)
- Assess the market availability of the required medicines and medical supplies and provide a rough estimate of the market price of each item.
- Initiate and fast-track the procurement process of medicines and medical supplies in collaboration with IRY Country Office Health and Nutrition department and procurement unit.
- Prepare final technical analysis for the procured medicines and medical supplies and follow up with field teams to ensure the items delivered matches what was approved at procurement stage.
- Undertake any other assigned roles by the line supervisor
- Prepare a comprehensive technical analysis report
- If needed he travel to the delivery point to help in verification/ receipt of supplies.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in Pharmacy, Medicine or its equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in handling/dealing with a variety of medicines and non-pharmaceuticals in Yemen context.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good capacity for negotiation and communication.
- Team Player and analytical skills.
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel)
- Rigorous and trustful person.
- Accurate and honest.
- Flexibility and able to work under stressful situations with extensive working hours in the field.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply via below link