Ended WPE Caseworker (2)
Job Title: Caseworker (2)
Band/ Level / Grade: 9A
Department: Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE)
Location: Al Dhalee- Dhalee city
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Under the supervision of IRC Yemen WPE Response Officer, the WPE Caseworker will be based in Al Dhalee and will be responsible for the provision of quality case management and psychosocial support services to women and girls, in addition to working in close collaboration with the health team to provide holistic care to survivors. The WPE program and team work in close collaboration with all the IRC sectors and local partners.
The Caseworker will be working directly with WPE team and will implement activities in the Women and Girls Community Centre (WGCCs) in Al Dhalee, including the WPE mobile team which serves various districts in Al Dhale governorate.
In collaboration with and under the direction supervision of WPE Response Officer, the Case Worker will:
- Provide individualized, age-appropriate comprehensive case management using IRC WPE standards and in line with the Guiding Principles (Respect, Safety, Confidentiality, Non-discrimination). When appropriate, this may include accompanying survivors to a referral point.
- Assist the Officer in creating a welcoming environment at (WGCC) and activities in the WGCC and/or work in the mobile team to provide appropriate PSS activities in a safe area to communities on a weekly basis.
- Provide accurate information on the referral .
- Use the survivor-centered approach and help empower people seeking assistance.
- Monitor how the referral pathway is working and advocate in the field for improved referral systems as needed.
- Coordinate a positive referral pathway with other actors.
- Inform the Response Officer of needed supplies in the WGCC and/or on within the mobile team.
- Work with the Adolescent Girls Assistant on an appropriate weekly curriculum for adolescent girls.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or other related area.
- Working knowledge of English language preferable.
- Minimum one year of professional experience in implementing social work or case management activities.
- Confirmed ability in case management or social work.
- Excellent knowledge of the local context in Al Dhalee.
- Personal qualities: empathic, works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is desirable.
- Deep understanding of gender-based violence, women’s protection and empowerment in the context of Yemen.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, including computer skills.
The work will be in the WGCC and in the field with WPE mobile team Al Dhalee.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: Mar 4, 2021 .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.