Ended Economic Recovery & Development Assistant
Job Title: Economic Recovery & Development Assistant
Department: Economic Recovery and Development (ERD)
Location: Al Dhale’e
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
The IRC is looking for hard working, and positive nature to enroll under this position. The ERD Assistant be responsible for supporting ERD Officer during the implementation projects targeting food security reduction through assistance distribution, engagement & mobilization sessions for awareness raising and encourage communities participation, build good relations with all stockholders, support all ERD programs in Al-Dhale'e and Lahj governorate.
ERD Assistant is field level position to support the ERD Officer in the efforts of implementation the cash & vouchers programming delivered through market based approach. This position involves spend most of his / her time in the field of project(s) sites to coordinate meetings with local communities, identifying target communities, establishing relationships with community leaders, taking part in ERD assessments and studies. He/She will work in coordination with other IRC programs and the wider ERD team to implement program activities.
Position Reports to: ERD Officer.
Position directly supervises: None
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist ERD officer to develop work plan for the program and field activities.
- Work closely with communities at the field level to identify beneficiaries for cash/Voucher program.
- Targeting of households based on selection criteria and responsible for food voucher/cash distribution.
- With community volunteers and financial Service provider, set up safe location for beneficiaries ID cards and cash distribution.
- To coordinate the sensitization session or the relief committees (RCs) and village elders/leaders for project briefing, objectives and selection criteria.
- Attend to beneficiaries concerns and complaints and report to supervisor to take necessary measures to address concerns.
- Arrange all materials necessary for field activities.
- Contribute to the data collection of the Baseline, PDM and End line surveys, market monitoring, market assessments, other situation evaluation assessment involved in assistance delivery programming.
- Report back as often as needed to the supervisor on the progress of the work and any abuses of the system noted by field teams.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming emergency teams, in the event of crisis or emergency.
- Any other tasks or project related reports as the need arises by line manager.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or equivalent work experience.
- Two years overall with one year proven relevant experience of field and communities work.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and spoken skills, Arabic is required and English is an advantage.
- Proven experience in Food, cash, or voucher programming. As well as, Proficient in data collection using multiple primary methodologies and accurate data entry using mobile automated forms and MS Office Excel.
- Eager and ability to learn, self-motivated, and would take initiative.
- Proficient digital literacy e.g., MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Kobo tools, and Outlook.
- Skill to work with in and as part of team, with data collection, maintaining, and processing practical skills, analytical and problem solving skills, willingness and able to perform field work.
- The position will be based in IRC Al-Dhale’e office and will involve field travel to project implementation sites.
- Ability to work after office hours to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: Feb, 25, 2021 .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.