Ended Finance Assistant
Finance Assistant – Hajjah
The Finance Assistant (FA) is responsible for daily financial operations of Save the Children International Yemen as per Save the Children International Yemen Country Office (SCI-Y CO) Finance Manual, resolving queries promptly, and maintaining good working relationships with staff and suppliers
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist FO in maintaining complete books of accounts, as per SCI-Y CO Finance Manual.
- Assist FO in disbursement of bank & cash payments in line with valid Scheme of Delegation, SCI-Y Donors compliance requirements, In-country law and any other official regulatory authority.
- Ensure that all payments should have complete authorisation of respective Budget Holder as per SCI-Y Scheme of Delegation.
- Assist FO in submission of all Internal & external financial reports.
- Assist & ensure that petty cash is used only for authorised transactions.
- Assist & ensure that petty cash should be maintained within the authorised maximum / minimum limits & is top-up on regularly basis & also safety & security of petty cash.
- Assist & ensure that all petty cash is reconciled at all the times. Physical weekly & month end checking is done by non-finance staff. Any short/ overage of cash balances should be reported to FO immediately.
- Ensure all cheques and cash payments are cancelled by affixation of PAID stamp.
- File all payment vouchers and financial documents appropriately and chronologically.
- Assist & ensure that all financial data filing system in place and hard & scanned archiving of data is completed on regularly basis and archived data is maintained in a systematic / easily accessible manner.
- Escalate any noted financial risks / fraud activities directly to Finance Officer, Business Support Manager, Field Manager and Finance Director.
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, also ensures that any critical issues should be raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Finance or Accounting
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous 1-2 years financial management experience with good numeracy skills.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and attention to detail especially under pressure
- Good MS Excel and analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Good organisation and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Good communication skills on the phone, face-to-face and in writing to be able to explain processes clearly and resolve queries with suppliers and other colleagues.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to work within set guidelines for the payment of invoices/expenses and identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Good written & oral English proficiency
- Experience of working for emergency responses.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants please apply direct ( Link )
The deadline for receiving applications is 25th /02/2021.