FSL Field Monitor (2) - Dhamar
Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Field Monitor (2)
Location: 1 in Jahran, 1 in Wosab Al-Aali, Dhamar.
Reports to: FSL MEAL Specialist.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The Field Monitor is responsible to closely monitor the Unconditional Cash activities and provide follow up with the concerned project partners and beneficiaries. Support the implementation of the UCT project to ensure it meets the stated objectives.
- Participate in supervising the identification of beneficiaries.
- Monitor the establishment of community committees and participate in identification of beneficiaries in villages; develop TORs for the groups to consider in related activities.
- Organize large scale distribution in communities; ensure coordination & cooperation of village committees while distributions.
- Conduct/plan monitoring visits of ongoing schemes and share feedback with Project Manager and MEAL Specialist.
- Participate in data collection for different types of assessments (Need assessments, baseline/end-line surveys, PDMs, KAP studies…etc.) and ensure all of the data enumerators are well trained on the endorsed tools.
- Responsible for timely completion of activities and prepare completion updates.
- Ensure the community is mobilized as per project activities/ Plan.
- Carryout post distribution monitoring with support from M&E department.
- Review the achievements and constraints of the project and provide feedback accordingly.
- Preparing FDPs for distribution and follow up.
- Support evaluation of the project.
- Keep every activity documented in soft and hard.
- Maintain proper documentation of the activities with relevant tags.
- Get every activity report signed by the line manager.
- Comply with the organization policies and practice with respect to, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Handling the Complaint and feedback methods (Hotline, helpdesk, suggestion box) and ensure in coordination with the MEAL Specialist that the complaints are followed up and resolved by the project team or the concerned staff.
- Advocate for the project/program interventions through circulating the figures and success stories with the concerned parties, stakeholders, donors and clusters.
- Conduct review meetings on monthly basis to demonstrate the achievements, raise any encountered challenges and obtain corresponding challenges.
Education, Experience & Competencies:
- University degree and one year of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity will be preferred.
- Experience with participatory methodologies, monitoring and reporting.
- Good organizational Skills.
- Capacity to coordinate & relate with other stakeholders & NGOs.
- Good knowledge of the area of intervention
- Skills related to participatory research methods, and computer literacy,
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field, under sometimes difficult and occasionally insecure circumstances.
- Communication skills to operate with a multinational and multilingual team
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 06 Mar 2021 at the latest, mentioning the job title and the name of the district you are applying for in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.