Ended Data Entry
Contract type: Fixed term (full time)
Contract duration: 10 months subject to fund availability.
Duty Station: based in Hajjah sub-offices with frequent visits for project field sites in Khayran Al Muharraq & Aslam districts in Hajjah and in Al Garrahi and Bayt al-faqih Districts in Hodeida governorates.
Report directly to: Project Manager.
Work with: Health and Nutrition field assistants, pharmacist, Nutrition specialist, MEAL officer, public health officer, Health workers and CHVs.
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-proﬁt and nongovernmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conﬂict. aﬀected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conﬂict-aﬀected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; . Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance
NFDHR is implementing “Emergency Response Project in Health and Nutrition to the Vulnerable IDPs and host communities in Hajjah and Hodeida” which is funded by UNOCHA and designed with the aim to cover the gap for people in acute need through life-saving assistance of Health and Nutrition in the targeted districts and ensuring accessibility to humanitarian assistance among the most vulnerable IDPs and the host communities in Khayran Al Muharraq & Aslam districts in Hajjah and in Al Garrahi and Bayt al-faqih Districts in Hodeida governorates.
This project goal is to further enhance and improve the sustainability of the health care system and maintain the currently established level of services provided to the community through the provision of an integrated approach, prioritizing the most vulnerable population (pregnant and lactating women, under-five children, IDPs who are merged in the hosting community and host communities) and ensure quality health services through the project activities.
This position is full-time, based on a 40-hour work week, but varies from week to week as humanitarian need constantly oscillates according to the unstable conﬂict environment and funding availability. The candidate is assumed to manage health and nutrition information, collect ,process and analyse the data related to health and nutrition project implementation in all project stages including HFs reports, CHVs reports, the registration and verification, complaint and feedback data, assessments, etc...
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Contribute on development of relevant data collection tools and monitoring as well as development of data and information storage.
- Enter data into appropriate ﬁelds; databases, records, and ﬁles and database improvement and update databases & records with new information on time given by project manager
- Transfer & update data from written records, interviews, and paper formats via computer, recorders, or scanners
- Handle numerical data accurately and Create and organizing spreadsheets with large numbers.
- Comply with security backups and regular checks to ensure data is saved and stored properly Summarizing and compiling data for standardized reports and save it properly as hard and soft copy to be easy .to reach when required
- Collect and extract relevant information from the project database on regular basis, ensuring provision of information / Data upon request
- Check the data and comparing the source documents correctly and identifying problems on database and taking appropriate action after discussing with the project manager
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical eﬃciency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data set.
- Filter and analyse data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to identify and solve code problems Ensure that appropriate security measures are taken to prevent unauthorized access to data according to date. protection policy and procedures
- Collect and manage health and nutrition specific databases professionally: data collection, insertion and storage received from the health facilities staff and CHVs.
- Conduct field visits to review data against the registration forms (spot check), correct any incompatibilities if possible and check the output.
- Translate any documents related to the activity implementation
- Attend meetings and training related to H&N information data management.
- Organize for regular performance meeting, prepare the attendance sheet and meeting minutes and then document it accordingly.
- In collaboration with HWs and other project staff, collect the information needed for developing of humanitarian success story of interest and work together with media officer to publish it.
- Accomplish any other duties assigned by the project manager.
Qualifications and competencies:
- University/diploma degree in IT, health qualification with valuable knowledge of IT or another related field.
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy), Advanced excel will be an advantage.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience, with data entry related tasks particularly in a humanitarian sector with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs is highly desirable.
- Work experience with data related to health or nutrition projects will be an asset.
- Native Arabic – EXCELLENT written and spoken English
- Knowledge of KOBO and ODK, or any other smart data collection tools will be as asset
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels Ability to take the initiative and work independently, innovatively and eﬀectively with limited direct supervision Ability to work in remote areas.
- Good interpersonal, communication skills and have the ability for working collaboratively with team members to achieve results and works well with people from diﬀerent cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds.
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.