Ended HR/Admin Officer
Contract type: Fixed term (full time)
Contract duration: 10 months subject to fund availability.
Duty Station: Will be roving between Hajjah sub-office and Sana’a Main office.
Report directly to: Project Manager and HR manager.
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-proﬁt and nongovernmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conﬂict. aﬀected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conﬂict-aﬀected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; . Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance
NFDHR is implementing “Emergency Response Project in Health and Nutrition to the Vulnerable IDPs and host communities in Hajjah and Hodeida” which is funded by UNOCHA and designed with the aim to cover the gap for people in acute need through life-saving assistance of Health and Nutrition in the targeted districts and ensuring accessibility to humanitarian assistance among the most vulnerable IDPs and the host communities in Khayran Al Muharraq & Aslam districts in Hajjah and in Al Garrahi and Bayt al-faqih Districts in Hodeida governorates.
This project goal is to further enhance and improve the sustainability of the health care system and maintain the currently established level of services provided to the community through the provision of an integrated approach, prioritizing the most vulnerable population (pregnant and lactating women, under-five children, IDPs who are merged in the hosting community and host communities) and ensure quality health services through the project activities.
The HR / Admin officer will be responsible for all Admin requirements in the project, staff recruitment procedures, staff leave and performance procedures, attendance and timesheets management. This position is full-time, based on a 40-hour work week, but varies from week to week as humanitarian need constantly oscillates according to the unstable conflict environment and funding availability.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Assist in the preparation of human resource policies and mechanisms.
- Plan and organize all project contracting activities and services.
- Work together with project manager to develop and update project human resource needs plan, which includes projecting the numbers of human resources, their specifications, qualifications, specialties, type, age, etc.
- Prepare and follow-up job announcement required by NFDHR and advertised these announcements in local and foreign newspapers, or websites according to the type of job and the conditions specified by the job description card.
- Check and review employment contract drafts in coordination with NFDHR’s Contracting Officer
- Prepare an introduction letter, with the approval of NFDHR’s Director, to new employees specifying their offer of employment, start date and salary.
- Implement the procedures for termination and/or evacuation of employees, when necessary.
- Compile, screen and process all applications submitted to NFDHR for advertised positions
- Distribute cell phones to employees for work use in the office or field, collect them when employees go on vacation or terminate their contract with NFDHR, and provide data around cell-phone use to management on a continuous basis.
- Follow up and update staff leave balance and prepare the leave plan accordingly.
- Implement all administrative and financial decisions and tasks issued by the superior management.
- Supervise employee attendance and follow-up on excessive employee absences and inform the management about exceeding the trigger and reporting any abnormal conduct to NFDHR leadership.
- Prepare and input employee data into NFDHR’s files both manually and systematically
- Take the responsibility for accomplishing all administrative tasks needed for operating the sub-offices.
- Make sure all HR process is documented and matched with donor regulations and policies.
- Create and update employees’ files containing the following contents:
- Employee origin of contract, edited and approved between NFDHR and the contractor.
- Copy of the employee’s job description.
- A copy of the employee’s certificates and academic qualifications
- Copy of ID / family ID / passport.
- A copy of the employee’s bank information for payment purposes.
The role of the HR Officer is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with NFDHR’s vision and mission. As such, the HR Officer is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to NFDHR’s human resources and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
Qualifications and competencies:
- University degree in human resources management, public or business administration, or another related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in human resources management services or positions involving HR management in the field of humanitarian response or development
- An excellent Computer skill, including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Proven interpersonal and organizational skill and have the ability to work within limited tight deadline and with big teams.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted