INTERSOS Office YEMEN
National Staff Position –TOR
Position: Logistics officer
Job site: Aden
Report to: Logistics Manager, Log Coordinator
Cooperates closely with: Project Managers, Activity Coordinators
Supervises: Logistic assistant, drivers, guards and cleaner
Purpose / Objectives:
The Logistics officer is responsible for supporting INTERSOS management staff for an ethical and efficient implementation of all logistics activities related to the needs of the office and/or project implementation.
The Logistics Officer is responsible for all logistics operations of the INTERSOS Yemen in his/her base and responsible for the management and implementation of the Logistics departments’ activities, including the Logistics assistant and other office support staff:
- To deliver logistical support to office and program operations in a time and cost-effective way
- To assure compliance with INTERSOS procedures and governance model: to assure the adherence to INTERSOS guidelines and procedures for admin, finance and procurement, in addition to INTERSOS mission security SOPs
- To ensure the set-up of efficient communication channels and reporting mechanisms with the other stakeholders (incl. Logistics Coordinator, Logistics Manager, Project Managers, Activity Coordinators, Country Admin-Fin Officer and Head of Mission)
- In charge of warehousing, supply chain management, procurement, fleet management and management of support staff – incl. assure log sheets for vehicles
- Monitor the correct use of INTERSOS assets and IT equipment, provide technical assistance when needed and update inventory and allocation of assets on weekly and monthly basis including the physical check in office and centres.
- Support the HoM for security management and liaising with local authorities
- Support the HoM to obtain relevant permits for dedicated project staff
- Management of the support staff (Logistic assistant, drivers, guards and cleaners) and delegation of daily tasks to maximize the efficiency of the logistical operations - incl. and time sheets for support staff supervised
Coordination, planning, reporting and team management
- Assist the teams in all logistic aspects of INTERSOS activities in the base and related centers: ensure weekly & monthly needs mapping per project team, to ensure grouped purchases, where possible and relevant
- Participate in staff coordination meetings and provide updates per project and per purchase order, especially for competitive negotiated procurements
- Oversee the planning of INTERSOS fleet management and security procedures for the base
- Supervise daily presence and leave of support staff
- Report any problem or inconvenience related to logistics immediately and in transparent manner to the log coordinator.
- Ensure timely, detailed and orderly record keeping and filing
- Monthly delivery of logistics report to logistics manager and logistics coordinator.
- Prepare, get approval, make orders and proceed to local purchase according to established INTERSOS and donor procurement procedures, using correct formats and collecting/filing correct documents.
- Execute and follow up all procurement procedures (bids, offers, appraisals of quality and price) and follow-up with PMs and admin-fin department for the preparation of contracts with awarded suppliers, and accordingly follow-up on contract signing and document/payment delivery and collection
- Arrange and update all logistic files and documents in proper archives (digital and hard copies)
- Ensure the establishment and regular updating of the supplier list for INTERSOS, in coordination/upon verification with the admin-fin department for goods, services and suppliers.
- Organize and supervise all logistic aspects and documentation for good/supplies transport and distributions together with PMs: way-bills, packing lists, final delivery/distribution records
- Conduct bookings and reservations of events and venues, per INTERSOS procurement procedures
- Follow up and update regularly (minimum once a month) the inventory of materials and equipment (office and project related, in hard and electronic copies)
3. - Warehousing
- Ensure the proper functioning of warehouse procedures (in/out registration), check of stocks on a regular basis and report to the immediate supervisor
- Update on daily basis stock cards, bin cards and stock reports, reporting on monthly basis or as when required, to program managers and logistics manager/coordinator.
- Set up emergency stock levels for key consumable items and alert the program managers and Head of mission to process the purchase requests and avoid shortages.
- Prepare emergency fuel stocks and report to logistics manager/coordinator when the levels are below acceptable levels (vehicles and generator)
- Ensure proper closure and opening of stock inventory per project for hand-over of one project to another project or for donation when required
4. Fleet management
- Check and supervise the proper functioning and schedule preventive maintenance of INTERSOS fleet
- Check and supervise the proper use of log books for each vehicle, recording fuel consumption and sufficient fuel stock levels
- Supervise the correct use of the vehicles, only by INTERSOS staff and authorized individuals and strict adherence to no weapons or unauthorized items policy
- Prepare travel arrangements to project sites and any other location (check-up vehicles conditions, fuel, radio, drivers, etc.), including movement plan, permits and safe travel
- Check the status of the emergency kits and tool boxes in each vehicle on weekly basis
- Ensure rented vehicles are matching contract conditions: driver, insurance, technical maintenance and check-up, etc.
- Check and maintain properly the office, warehouse and guesthouses conditions (building, electricity, plumbing, equipment etc.) and report eventual problems to the immediate supervisor
- Pro-actively schedule preventive maintenance works (in office, drop-in center, warehouse and guesthouse)
- Ensure regular rent, utilities payments (electricity, water, gas, etc.) and running costs are paid (upon approval of PMs for direct activities related cost & approval of HoM for support costs), per prior approval received on the weekly liquidity planning/cash request
- Keep generator logbook updated on daily basis and check the fuel consumption to detect abnormalities.
- Schedule preventive maintenance for all generators in the base (oil change, air, oil and fuel filters)
- Ensure preventive maintenance to solar systems at offices/centers in consultation with INTERSOS IT officer
7. Security and liaison > only in case of absence of operational risk assessment officer (ORAO)
- Support the Logistics Coordinator & HoM to obtain in a timely and systematic manner in a transparent way the needed permits for movement for the organisations’ staff to operate in the country
- Plan and prepare upon request for movement plan and safe travel
- Check and supervise the proper functioning of communication necessary for safety traveling
- Ensure support to INTERSOS Programme for road planning and movement of persons and goods (safe passage at check-points)
- Ensure the presence and quality of first aid kits and fire extinguishers in office and centers (and cars)
- Support the INTERSOS Programme Teams in identification of new premises.
- Conduct regular inspection on INTERSOS premises: identify needed maintenance; identify appropriate and cost-effective upgrades to ensure a better security and safety for the INTERSOS personnel for proposing to HOM and INTERSOS Programme Teams.
- Organize and attend meetings with different stakeholders upon request of INTERSOS HoM, program coordinators and/or PMs
- Upon request by HoM attend meetings on safety and security conditions in the operational area.
- Attend humanitarian access working group (HAWG) meetings.
- Maintain positive and systematic relationship with competent authorities. Ensure excellent relations with different parties, actors and stakeholder and communities. Secure access to negotiate with parties to the conflict while refraining from any type of side-taking or political activism. He/She ensures and confirms INTERSOS’ commitment to neutrality, impartiality, independence and humanity.
- Perform other security-related tasks assigned by the HoM.
- At least 1 year of experience in logistics department in sub-office of INGO
- Minimum BA in technical field (computer sciences, business administration, engineering, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in procurement, supply chain management and fleet management
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular Excel knowledge is a must) and good knowledge on computer soft and hardware
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English
- Highly motivated, eager to learn and hard worker
- Holder of a valid Yemeni driving license (since minimum 1 year)
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Deadline for submission of application: 28 Feb 2021
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)