Ended Public Health Promotion Officer
Public Health Promotion Officer
Job site and office: Aden Governorate.
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Contract Duration: 10 months
Position Type: Full time
Attadhamon Foundation for Development (AFD) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established in May 2000 in Yemen.
We work among women, youth and children to achieve human noble purposes, and objectives, such as empowerment, elimination of discrimination, the reduction of poverty, creation of equal opportunities to achieve social justice and comprehensive development, to raise the standard of living for the family and the community. AFD works in partnership with society, communities, international agencies, and active partners.
Attadhamon aims to accomplish these goals through implementing its core programs: food security and livelihoods ; wash; education; child protection and environment .
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the PHP Officer is responsible to work with communities at a local level to encouraging good hygiene standards amongst targeted populations. Training mobilizers and key community members in the aspects of solid waste methods, ensuring that activities are suitable in the various cultural contexts according to the location and target population/s both in communal centers and host communities.
Comply with Attadhamon Foundation policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Guide and supervise the implementation of the project in accordance with donor agreement and AFD policies and guidelines, and ensure the project is implemented to a high quality, on time and with agreed work plans.
- Initiate and supervise PHP activities in the field. This may involve routine field monitoring visits and mobilizing communities about potential problems related to hygiene.
- Make well informed decisions and problem solve any issues related to assigned project activities, with support from the project coordinator.
- Preparing Memorandums of Understanding and contracts with (official bodies - partners - volunteers, suppliers, etc..).
- Facilitate the formation and training of educators.
- Contribute to the development of culturally appropriate IEC materials based on WASH cluster recommendations.
- Support on carrying out the coordination with different stockholders and authorization offices.
- Develop monthly activity schedule based on the project work plan and develop weekly and monthly activity plans to facilitate timely implementation.
- Review and submit accurate, informative and quality weekly, monthly reports( in both Arabic and English when required).
- Ensure the quality and integrity of implementation and administrative systems.
- Keep the Project coordinator informed on progress achieved and challenges faced throughout project implementation.
- Work with the MEAL team in identifying and implementing culturally appropriate feedback mechanisms and ensure that community’s concerns and needs are addresses in a timely manner.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation and maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with the community targeted.
- Help in ensuring that resources are used efficiently.
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by line manager within the scope of program implementation plan.
- University degree or higher qualification preferably in the fields of Health or related field (community development etc.).
- Proven work experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
- Well- planned and well- organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very good in written and verbal communication skills in both languages Arabic and English.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft.
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure, organizing prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Responsibility, cooperation and take initiatives.
- Flexible and creative.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
If you meet the requirements stated above, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter, in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation) to this email address: email@example.com by February 26, 2021 with the title of the position you are applying for in the email title. (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Applicants may be contacted for other positions within AFD