Ended Admin Assistant
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Status: Full time
Location: Al-Mukha & Al Khawkhah, Yemen
During: 34 months
Abs Development Organization for woman and Child (ADO) is a well-established national, humanitarian, developmental, non-profitable and non-governmental organization, founded in August1996 by a group of Yemeni girls to provide a better standard of living for woman, Child and youth in Yemen. ADO has been operating in Yemen for more than 25 years with an excellent presence in the deprived rural areas located on the coast of Tehama and various areas in Yemen to get rid of poverty and infectious diseases. Since its inception, it has implemented over 120 development and humanitarian interventions in 10 out of the 22 governorates of Yemen benefiting over 6, 400,000 people. As a result, the organization has established itself among the most effective civil society organizations in Yemen that are working on issues related livelihood, health, education, and WASH in support of women, children, and youth. Operating out of its Headquarter office in Sana’a and its offices in Hodaiedah, Hajjah, Abs, Raymah Taiz and Aden, ADO, provides critical educational, health, livelihood and WASH services to urban and rural communities. ADO believes that a woman is the essence of life, therefore it has devoted all its activities and programs to empower and educate a woman, because the educated and empowered woman will lead to an educated family in which empowered family will ensure a developed society leading to a civil state, good governance and conscious civil society out of oppression. ADO believes that youth are a miraculous energy. If they are enabled, they will build a civil state and good governance, as well as ADO believes that protecting and caring for children will result a beautiful future and free from crime and terrorism.
In partnership with DKH, ADO is planning to implement fish farming project in two governorates (2 coastal districts Al-Mukha, & Al Khawkhah of Hodaiedah and Taiz governorates). The project will make a direct connection to existing livelihoods that are prevalent in the target area, specifically fishery and introduce innovative complementary products and processes. The fish cage farming builds upon the existing livelihoods of the fisher community as well as its supply chain and local customs. Under the overall objective ADO is planning to establish and operate 8 fish farm cages with one hatchery and one feed plant.
By proving it´s economic viability on the West Coast of Yemen the project will lay a foundation to-scale the innovation along the coastal areas, increasing fishermen income, re-engage fishermen who have been forced to abandon their traditional livelihood, boosting supply of nutritious locally-produced fish in a country on the brink of famine, and increasing resilience.
The project will also have a conditional cash component (during on-the-job vocational training). The income households will earn initially through cash-for-training, and later through (new) livelihoods will increase household food security and community resilience. The project will strengthen the local market by reviving and strengthening first and foremost supply (strengthening/developing new value chains such as fingerling and fish feed production, fish from aquaculture), and secondly demand (cash-for-training measures, strengthening the livelihood of the target group).
Job objectives/ Scop
Supervising the work of the administrative team in the branches, cleaning, queries and other services and working on the good provision of these services and regularity and all his/her work in coordination with the managers of offices / branches.
Job Scale: E
Job Category/ Area: Class (E)
Salary Scale: E(6)
Reported to: Head of Human Resources and Administration-Branch manager
Supervisor on: Cleaner, Gardener.
Duties and Responsibilities and wight
Technical role: (40%)
- Preparing detailed programs related to administrative affairs and supervision of their implementation.
- Maintain regular records of the furniture era and its location, verify the safety of its use and protect it against tampering or theft in coordination with the warehouse and asset accountant
- Preparing all periodic data and statistics related to the administrative services, submitting them on time, preparing reports, responding to correspondence and editing notes.
- Participate in the preparation of the estimated budget for administrative services
- Keeps records and documents of his/her work and constantly updating and maintaining them.
- Follow-up on procedures for insurance on property and verification of their coverage.
- Prepare the monthly report and submit it to its direct supervisor.
- Any other work assigned by the direct administrator
Supervision role: (60%)
- Supervising the follow-up of the payment of rents on the agreed dates and payment of water, electricity, telephone and Internet bills on scheduled dates in coordination with the Department of Logistics
- Supervising the cleanliness of offices, halls, corridors and toilets, maintaining the proper level of cleanliness, regulating the cleaning of detergents and cleaning equipment, and checking the compliance of employees with safety and prevention systems.
- Supervise the follow - up of all procedures related to electricity, water, air conditioning, postal, telephone and internet services in cooperation with the Logistics Operations Department .
- Oversee the follow-up of all procedures related to car accidents and follow-up of the insurance company to carry out repairs, pay compensation and make adjustments in coordination with the Department of Logistics Operations
- Supervise and follow up the procedures to provide the organization's needs
- Oversee the follow-up of the preparation of a program for the maintenance of machinery and equipment in coordination with the Department of Logistics Services.
Training / Development plan
- Writing report skill.
- supervisory skills
- Based on position objectives & competences
Career Path/ Career Cluster
HR& Administration department
Part (2) person specification for this job
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Human Resources or Business Administration
- Work experience of at least one year with non-governmental organizations in administrative services
Skills / Knowledge
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word - Excel - PowerPoint - Arabic and English printing - e – mails(outlook))
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office programs.
Accountability& Behavioral Competency Model
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling DKH and ADO values.
- Takes responsibility for improving the fullest performance of the team.
- Ensures delivery on time, accuracy and validity of the reports.
- Hold responsibility for implementing high standards of internal control and procedures to safeguard the project’s operations and assets.
- Ensure that ADO policy and procedures are respected, facilitate the work, and be responsible for the implementation of its recommendations.
Age : 24-35
Gender: Female /Male
Issue Date: 26\01\2021
- A cover letter including a maximum two pages description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
- Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
- Screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the Application in the following URL:
Deadline to send your application: 28/02/2021