Ended CFM Officer
Job Title: CFM officer
Location: Al-Mukha & Al Khawkhah, Yemen
During: 31 months.
Abs Development Organization for woman and Child (ADO) is a well-established national, humanitarian, developmental, non-profitable and non-governmental organization, founded in August1996 by a group of Yemeni girls to provide a better standard of living for woman, Child and youth in Yemen. ADO has been operating in Yemen for more than 25 years with an excellent presence in the deprived rural areas located on the coast of Tehama and various areas in Yemen to get rid of poverty and infectious diseases. Since its inception, it has implemented over 120 development and humanitarian interventions in 10 out of the 22 governorates of Yemen benefiting over 6, 400,000 people. As a result, the organization has established itself among the most effective civil society organizations in Yemen that are working on issues related livelihood, health, education, and WASH in support of women, children, and youth. Operating out of its Headquarter office in Sana’a and its offices in Hodaiedah, Hajjah, Abs, Raymah Taiz and Aden, ADO, provides critical educational, health, livelihood and WASH services to urban and rural communities. ADO believes that a woman is the essence of life, therefore it has devoted all its activities and programs to empower and educate a woman, because the educated and empowered woman will lead to an educated family in which empowered family will ensure a developed society leading to a civil state, good governance and conscious civil society out of oppression. ADO believes that youth are a miraculous energy. If they are enabled, they will build a civil state and good governance, as well as ADO believes that protecting and caring for children will result a beautiful future and free from crime and terrorism.
In partnership with DKH, ADO is planning to implement fish farming project in two governorates (2 coastal districts Al-Mukha, & Al Khawkhah of Hodaiedah and Taiz governorates). The project will make a direct connection to existing livelihoods that are prevalent in the target area, specifically fishery and introduce innovative complementary products and processes. The fish cage farming builds upon the existing livelihoods of the fisher community as well as its supply chain and local customs. Under the overall objective ADO is planning to establish and operate 8 fish farm cages with one hatchery and one feed plant.
By proving it´s economic viability on the West Coast of Yemen the project will lay a foundation to-scale the innovation along the coastal areas, increasing fishermen income, re-engage fishermen who have been forced to abandon their traditional livelihood, boosting supply of nutritious locally-produced fish in a country on the brink of famine, and increasing resilience.
The project will also have a conditional cash component (during on-the-job vocational training). The income households will earn initially through cash-for-training, and later through (new) livelihoods will increase household food security and community resilience. The project will strengthen the local market by reviving and strengthening first and foremost supply (strengthening/developing new value chains such as fingerling and fish feed production, fish from aquaculture), and secondly demand (cash-for-training measures, strengthening the livelihood of the target group).
Job objectives/ Scop
Complaints and Feedbacks Mechanism (CFM) Officer Job holders are likely to be working under the close support and guidance of a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed
Job Scale: E
Job Category/ Area: Class (E)
Salary Scale: E(6)
Reported to: Quality and development manager
Supervisor on: Empty
Duties and Responsibilities and wight
Technical role: (70%)
- Review the Monthly and Yearly CFM reports and generate an analytical report detailing all cases by type, location, and by office for immediate action by Programmer and other related functions.
- Follow-up with the relevant units in BMZ to ensure that beneficiary complaints are reviewed and that actions are taken in a timely and effectively manner and to ensure feedback is provided to beneficiaries.
- Management and effective operation of the CFM as per the agreed SOP, including by supervising the CFM (Hotline) Operators, complaint boxes, complaint desks, work closely with the CFM colleagues to prepare a work plan for the Unit and each staff member with clearly measurable outputs and outcomes.
- Review the current CFM Tracking & Follow-up Model with a view to refining it for better outcome reporting, case management and coordination with relevant units, offices for closure discussions internally.
- Escalate failed, or long-drawn CFM cases to Management
- Provide technical support and advice to M&E and Program units.
- Provide technical support regarding any communication with affected populations, for example drafting SMS’s, FAQ’s, information sessions, posters and leaflets.
- Performed monitoring, evaluations, and assessments at field locations
- Act as lead of the CFM Action Plan and coordinate its action points across different offices
Coordination role: (15%)
- Ensuring appropriate coordination within the MEAL team and other relevant internal or external actors for the effective functioning of the CFM;
- Accepting, reviewing and following-up on referrals from other partners
Development role: (15%)
- Regular update on the CFM dashboard
- Train ADO project staff in the CFM processes and SOP
- Perform other related duties as required.
Training / Development plan
- activities progress report skill.
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Based on position objectives & competences
Career Path/ Career Cluster
Part (2) person specification for this job
Experience and Qualifications
- Completion of University degree in related functional area.
- At least three years of relevant work experience with managerial responsibilities in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation and/or Program in development project, accountability to affected population, complaints and feedbacks mechanisms, emergency operations, accountability to affected population, call-center management or other related field
Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office package (particularly Excel) required. Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Data visualization software desired.
- Demonstrated research experience using a variety of analytical tools and survey methods/designs (quantitative and qualitative) and ability to communicate findings clearly both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis using SPSS/STATA or other statistical analysis packages.
- Demonstrated skills in reporting findings using data visualization software and innovative reporting products
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office programs.
Accountability& Behavioral Competency Model
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling DKH and ADO values.
- Takes responsibility for improving the fullest performance of the team.
- Ensures delivery on time, accuracy and validity of the reports.
- Hold responsibility for implementing high standards of internal control and procedures to safeguard the project’s operations and assets.
- Ensure that ADO policy and procedures are respected, facilitate the work, and be responsible for the implementation of its recommendations.
Gender: Male\ Female
Issue Date: 26\1\2021
- A cover letter including a maximum two pages description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
- Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
- Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the Application in the following URL:
Deadline to send your application