Ended Information Management Officer
Job Title: Information Management Officer
Employer: Rawabi Al-Nahda Developmental Foundation (RADF) – Yemen.
Location: Hajjah – Abs, Aslam, Mustaba'a, Wash'ha, Khairan Al-Muharraq, Hajja City, Kuaidanah and Bani Qais
Work Hours: 8 hours per day Full time contract
Post date: 21 February, 2021,
Deadline : 26 February, 2021
Rawabi Al-Nahda Developmental Foundation (RADF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in 27th November 2011, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (579). Since its establishment, RADF has developed to be one of the most significant local NGOs with well trained and long experienced staff. RADF is a partner with many UN Agency such as UNHCR, UNICEF, FAO, IOM, and UNDP and other international NGOs such as DRC, unified organization, Partner Aid international and partners Yemen and many other local NGOs.
RADF has presence in 6 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. Currently RADF is undertaking programs in the fields of protection, Shelter/NFIs, CCCM, and Food Security and livelihoods programming.
RADF, in partnership with UNHCR, is implementing a CCCM project which aims to improve living conditions as well as promoting durable solution with full participation of the displaced and host communities in IDP Hosting Sites across Hajjah governorate. This project will enhance coordination, report gaps to working actors, collect data, support community structure such as IDP committees, identify gaps and provide quick solutions. It also helps to improve basic services and site maintenance, and to create the humanitarian space necessary for the effective delivery of protection and assistance.
Data quality and management
- Support SMC teams’ day-to-day management of data and processes, ensuring consistency and quality of data from regular information collection (e.g. partner reporting, service mapping, service indicator monitoring/site monitoring)
- Compile data received from field teams, conducting data cleaning as necessary
- Update and maintain databases
- Collaborate with Project Manager, CCCM Officer and field teams to design and improve tools and processes for regular and periodic IM activities, as needed
- Build tools using ODK/Kobo, or on paper forms, as required
Analysis, reporting, and communication
- Conduct analysis on data as needed, and work with Project Manager and SMC field teams to ensure information is used inform programming
- Produce regular outputs and reports for programs teams and submit regular reporting to the Shelter/NFI/CCCM Cluster and/or the donor
- Design and produce products for internal and external use
- Ensure mechanisms are in place for information flow back to residents of the sites (e.g. through accessible information products, verbal communication from SMC teams)
- Ensure regular and consistent data flow from Programs teams to relevant Department, according to the processes in place
Accountability and IM support
- Provide support to RADF Shelter/Infrastructure teams working in the IDP sites alongside the SMC teams, as necessary. This might include support to build assessment or monitoring tools in ODK/Kobo, clean and maintain databases, or ensure IM processes are in place for regular monitoring of site infrastructure
Quality & Capacity-Building
- Conduct capacity-building of SMC teams in data collection and data management, as needed
- Ensure data confidentiality protocols are in place, and all staff are trained
- Ensure collection of sex and age disaggregated data
- Organize translation of information by SMC teams, or conduct translation, as needed
- Any additional task as requested.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- University degree in a relevant subject is preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an information management role
- At least 1 years’ experience in an NGO is preferred
- Proficient in use of ODK/Kobo for mobile data collection
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of RADF.
- Excellent IM software skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Experience in GIS is beneficial
- Excellent team-working and communication skills;
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic skills;
- Good capacity to plan, prioritize, and multi-task;
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including SMC, Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is beneficial
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply through the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdtOevaikAZLDjAB_PggMZTrmGHPT9SxwomdzuBwX9_JG2-Ig/viewform
- The deadline for receiving the applications is midnight Feb 26 , 2021.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be conducted on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
- The vacancy may close before the deadline. Until the employer fills the vacancy
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted