Ended SMC Field Coordinators
Job Title: SMC Field Coordinators
Employer: Rawabi Al-Nahda Developmental Foundation (RADF) – Yemen.
Location: Hajjah – Abs, Aslam, Mustaba'a, Wash'ha, Khairan Al-Muharraq, Hajja City, Kuaidanah and Bani Qais
Work Hours: 8 hours per day Full time contract
Post date: 21 February, 2021,
Deadline : 26 February, 2021
Rawabi Al-Nahda Developmental Foundation (RADF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in 27th November 2011, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (579). Since its establishment, RADF has developed to be one of the most significant local NGOs with well trained and long experienced staff. RADF is a partner with many UN Agency such as UNHCR, UNICEF, FAO, IOM, and UNDP and other international NGOs such as DRC, unified organization, Partner Aid international and partners Yemen and many other local NGOs.
RADF has presence in 6 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. Currently RADF is undertaking programs in the fields of protection, Shelter/NFIs, CCCM, and Food Security and livelihoods programming.
RADF, in partnership with UNHCR, is implementing a CCCM project which aims to improve living conditions as well as promoting durable solution with full participation of the displaced and host communities in IDP Hosting Sites across Hajjah governorate. This project will enhance coordination, report gaps to working actors, collect data, support community structure such as IDP committees, identify gaps and provide quick solutions. It also helps to improve basic services and site maintenance, and to create the humanitarian space necessary for the effective delivery of protection and assistance.
Management of mobile SMC team
- Ensure adherence with RADF policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Devise daily and weekly work plans for mobile team activities with the support of the line manager.
- Timely reporting of problems and challenges in the sites to the line manager.
- Timely reporting of safety and security incidents or risks to the line manager.
- Partner coordination and service monitoring.
- Liaise and coordinate with all humanitarian partners, local authorities and stakeholders working in the sites on daily basis.
- Monitor service provision at site level, including through observation and assessment.
Community participation and representation
- Organize and chair regular meetings between community representatives and humanitarian agencies, taking minutes of meetings and attendance sheets.
- Work with the SMC Assistant to establish community committees in the sites, ensuring representation and participation of women, youth, and marginalized groups.
- Support in organizing the training sessions for community committees, humanitarian agencies and community members on topics related to protection, fire response and site management and coordination.
Communication with communities and accountability
- Establish and then oversee the activities of communication with communities in the sites, including regular outreach to the community and information campaigns.
- Support community mobilization efforts or information campaigns of community representatives or other humanitarian agencies as needed.
- Support in the establishment and implementation of Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) in each site, including data management and referrals while ensuring that feedback is given.
- Compile regular reporting from partners on their activities in the sites.
- Conduct and oversee regular data collection, including on service availability and standards in the sites.
- Ensure all reports and data submitted by the field team are timely and accurate.
- Participate in assessment and data collection exercises as needed.
- Ensure information is shared back with partners and communities.
- Consider gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities.
- Promote and adhere to the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy.
- Promote participation and representation of women, youth, people with specific needs and marginalized groups in all SMC and partner activities.
- Support establishment of referral mechanisms in collaboration with protection partners.
- Support vulnerable persons through the referral to protection partners or the coordination of specific events such as registration/distributions.
- Ensure confidentiality is respected in all activities.
- Maintain a good relationship with the government institutions and municipalities.
Transparency & compliance
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of project documentation and timely submission of regular reports to the line manager.
- Support Shelter/Infrastructure and WASH teams, as needed, to conduct regular assessment of the sites infrastructure and ensure participation of the community in identifying and implementing works.
- Any additional task as requested by the line manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in social sciences or any other related field.
- Working experience in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of RADF.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Attention to details, accuracy and structured way of approaching task.
- Experience in conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and beneficiary selection processes.
- Some knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is of benefit.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply through the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfvW2APc5_HVETsUXp2lCLzOUIEEMGVYg-gVCSsyuM6ga1KDQ/viewform
- The deadline for receiving the applications is midnight Feb 26 , 2021.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be conducted on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
- The vacancy may close before the deadline. Until the employer fills the vacancy
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted