Ended SMC Specialist (Engineer)
Job Title: SMC Specialist (Engineer)
Employer: Rawabi Al-Nahda Developmental Foundation (RADF) – Yemen.
Location: Hajjah – Abs, Aslam, Mustaba'a, Wash'ha, Khairan Al-Muharraq, Hajja City, Kuaidanah and Bani Qais
Work Hours: 8 hours per day Full time contract
Post date: 21 February, 2021,
Deadline : 26 February, 2021
Rawabi Al-Nahda Developmental Foundation (RADF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in 27th November 2011, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (579). Since its establishment, RADF has developed to be one of the most significant local NGOs with well trained and long experienced staff. RADF is a partner with many UN Agency such as UNHCR, UNICEF, FAO, IOM, and UNDP and other international NGOs such as DRC, unified organization, Partner Aid international and partners Yemen and many other local NGOs.
RADF has presence in 6 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. Currently RADF is undertaking programs in the fields of protection, Shelter/NFIs, CCCM, and Food Security and livelihoods programming.
RADF, in partnership with UNHCR, is implementing a CCCM project which aims to improve living conditions as well as promoting durable solution with full participation of the displaced and host communities in IDP Hosting Sites across Hajjah governorate. This project will enhance coordination, report gaps to working actors, collect data, support community structure such as IDP committees, identify gaps and provide quick solutions. It also helps to improve basic services and site maintenance, and to create the humanitarian space necessary for the effective delivery of protection and assistance.
The CCCM Project Technical Engineer will implement activities in an effort to support Community-Led Site Maintenance for improving the IDP hosting sites in order to raise the standard of living within those sites. With a focus towards disaster risk reduction and natural resource management, s/he will oversee the implementation of small-scale infrastructure projects in the targeted communities. Projects will be selected by community members through a participatory prioritization process and constructed by unskilled community members through Cash for Work modality or the like. S/he will ensure timely implementation, monitor work progress, and complete the handover process. The Engineer will represent RADF during community meetings and ensure high-quality projects are delivered. S/he will identify gaps for training and skills transfer to enhance the future employability of CFW participants, and ensure good success stories and case studies are developed regularly.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the community to develop appropriate interventions and develop project proposals with regards to needs and community priorities within IDP Hosting Sites.
- Organize meetings to sensitize communities about the purpose and modalities of the project and Identify community committees and ensure coherent coordination with committee members.
- Review and develop beneficiary selection criteria with government, local authorities, and community members to identify project beneficiaries according to project targets criteria.
- In cooperation with CCCM CFPs (Community Focal Points), Assist communities with the targeting and selection of CCCM Site Maintenance beneficiaries.
- Guarantee community involvement at all phases of the project to ensure the development of community ownership for the project.
- Liaise with District level authorities regarding all stages of the project implementation and evaluation.
- Undertake technical assessment for Site Maintenance Activities within sites, and ensure quality and accurate technical specifications are incorporated into the community projects' designs.
- Preparing BoQs outlining the necessary tools and materials and designing/reviewing/developing construction-related documents (feasibility study, designs, BoQ, monitoring forms, and payment disbursement forms/documents).
- Prepare a time-bound and detailed work/ implementation plan, to implement every activity.
- Supervise all the project activities at the field level and follow up on the project cycle.
- Liaise with the Project manager and procurement team in the preparation of materials, tools, and procurement.
- Filling all supported forms and submit weekly and monthly reports and any other needed reports of the program management.
- Follow up and Provide advice to site supervisors to ensure achievements in a timely manner on technical criteria
- Ensure selected sites for Support Community-Led Site Maintenance Activities are safe, suitable, and coordinated with local authorities and service providers.
- Planning and managing safety procedures and measures in the worksites.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering from a respectable university.
- 4 years' experience in designing studies and supervision.
- 2 years' experience in cash for work activities or related activities.
- Experience in pricing and analyzing the costs of work items and preparing BoQ and inventory lists/ framework.
- Experience in the preparation of time tables to achieve the works and time-bound schemes to implement the activities.
- Good analytical skills, process design skills and project planning and management skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point) as well as engineering programs (Auto CAD, Civilpro ... etc.)
- Demonstrated capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
- Experience writing and compiling narrative and analytical reports in English.
- Very good in English (speaking, writing, reading, and typing is essential.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (eg beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members).
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is of benefit.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply through the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgzjyMQ6Yg4Xe6WzgPQYTPE1foj31w2ZpJT83xz9YJ_fM_eg/viewform
- The deadline for receiving the applications is midnight Feb 26 , 2021.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be conducted on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
- The vacancy may close before the deadline. Until the employer fills the vacancy
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted