Terms of Reference
Reports to: Project Manager/Shelter Specialist.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The Distribution Supervisor is responsible for helping to ensure that the organization/project Shelter/NFIs project activities are implemented through a community-based on a timely basis, in line with the NGO’ guideline, and approved standards, community-based, participatory and transparent programming. Working under the supervision of the project manager, Shelter specialist, the distribution supervisor will oversee and undertake the distribution activities to identified beneficiaries based on needs and final distribution lists.
- Conduct registration, verification of the beneficiaries lists according to the selection criteria in coordination with community committees, project.
- Ensure the humanitarian principles (neutrality humanity and impartiality, etc.) are respected in all Shelter activities (registration, distribution).
- Coordinate, liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the Health/Shelter project field team, take part in the identification, registration, verification and selection of the project beneficiaries, according to defined selection criteria, as well as verification process.
- Monitors distribution processes of the Shelter/NFIs kits to beneficiaries at distribution points and deal with any arising complaints and ensure compliance to donor’s criteria and regulations and collect information for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Support field offices in forming the Shelter/NFIs community committees, work with stakeholders, and collaborate with them in beneficiaries’ identification and selection.
- Attend different field meetings when required and provide detailed reports to the project manager.
- Prepare monthly plan, project reports and distribution plans and reports and submit a monthly report on all distribution activities to project manager/coordinator.
- Conduct market assessment, needs assessment, market monitoring as required.
- Assist project team to manage and implement project activities according to the project work plan ensure effective and efficient delivery of project activities.
- Maintain respectful and constructive relations with stakeholders, local authorities and humanitarian agencies.
- Arrange training for the volunteers, community committee and workers.
- Identify Shelter/NFIs distribution points and assess the risk assessments.
- Utilize the NGO distribution standards, ensuring that IDPs and other concerned individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
- Ensure that all targeted individuals receive full kits and are able to access the distributions.
- Track and register all distributions and prepare daily and weekly reports.
- Undertake any public information activities, including taking pictures and collecting human interest stories as requested by the Communication and MEAL officers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Any other task requested by the project manager
Education, Experience & Competencies:
- University degree.
- A minimum of 1 year with proven experience in implementing Distribution of Shelter/NFIs, or hygiene kits.
- Work experience with NGOs is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Professional knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint…etc.)
- Good reporting skills.
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel among different districts
- Very good organizational skills, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 07 Mar 2021 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.