Supply Chain Officer (Procurement)
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer (Procurement)
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
Department: Supply Chain
Location: Yemen | Aden
Overtime Eligible: (per local law) N/A
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees made to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
To support effective operations in Supply Chain Department in IRC Yemen by handling all local, national, and international procurement in Aden and to ensure that all procurement is conducted in accordance with IRC Supply Chain policies and procedures, relevant donor requirements, and in the spirit of acquiring the best Value for Money (VFM).
The SCO will work in Aden (could be deployed anywhere in Country) under the supervision of the Snr. Procurement Manager and SCC. He/she will be responsible for all types of procurement and other logistical coordination. This is a key position within SC and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC's system.
- Responsible for procurements and ensure all the related Standard Operating Procedures are being followed. Ensure a clear procurement processes are implemented.
- Assist Senior Procurement Manager and/or Supply Chain Coordinator with high valued procurement and national/international tenders.
- Ensure analyzing procurements and suggesting SC Manager and SC Coordinator on regularly procured goods and supplies that would benefit from Master Purchase Agreements.
- Coordinate regular local market surveys and ensure the vendor roster and other supplier information is kept up-to-date and referenced during the procurement process.
- Ensure Payment Request Forms are raised promptly after delivery of supplies or completion of services and procurement file is complete before they are submitted to finance department.
- Ensure that the Anti-Terrorist Checks (ATC) file is complete and kept up to date, and ATCs for suppliers are renewed when due.
- Communicate to budget holders and requestors on any expected delays.
- Conduct supplier performance evaluation when required.
- Submit procurement updates to Sr. Procurement Manager for weekly Supply Chain Report.
- Assist Sr. Procurement Manager to address issues related to procurement procedures that arise from internal audits and reviews.
- Coordinate with Finance, Admin, and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, on timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Review and submit end-of-month asset report to Supply Chain Manager on monthly basis.
- Work closely with Snr. Procurement Manager in Aden to ensure efficient and cost-effective delivery of project materials to the field office.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Sr. Procurement Manager Aden, indirectly report to Supply Chain Coordinator Aden
Position directly supervises: None.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Supply Chain, Administration, Programs, Grants and Finance departments
External: Vendors and service providers
Education: Technical education or bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Marketing, Information technology and civil Engineering and/or equivalent field.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- 2-4 years of confirmed Experience working within the commercial, humanitarian NGO or public sector within logistics, supply Chain management or a related field e.g., procurement, Humanitarian Supply Chain etc.
- Experience of procurement, inventory management.
- Strong ability to prioritize work, maintain attention to detail, and coordinate multiple tasks to meet objectives.
- Willingness to contribute as a team member under complicated working conditions.
- Able to work well in a team and to undertake assigned tasks independently.
- Effective time management
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity, and flexibility with excellent networking and efficient communication ability.
- Detail-orientation and professional persistence.
- Sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to handle situations persistently and to effective resolution.
Language Skills: Proficiency in English and Arabic to communicate clearly and efficiently.
Computer Skill: MS Office – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
Working Environment: Based in Aden office, required to travel to field locations where program is being implemented.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: Mar 8, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.