Communication Officer (2)
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI, WFP and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a ,Almahweet, Aden and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Communication Officer.
Number of Vacancy: (2)
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Location: Sana'a- Main Office
Position type: One Position100% - Other Position 50%
Position reporting to: CEO, Partnership and Networking Manager
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post Date: February22nd 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Document all project activities and/or success stories and make media coverage about them in the media, such as news sites, channels, and others.
· Prepare and design various reports and designs for the project whether publications or for social media.
· Draft and edit news content for all project activities to be compatible with publishing in media outlets such as news sites, channels, social media and others
· Interview the beneficiaries and write touching success stories of the project.
·Document project activities and develop content to in order to show impact to both the public and to the donors.
·Send the required information materials to donors and to the Media Department of SDF.
· Act as a documentation focal point and keep all data and informative materials (stories, photos, videos, etc.) archived from projects’ staff and beneficiaries and assist in media drafting.
· Manage the institution’s accounts on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram…ect.
·Manage SDF website and cover SDF news, and prepare for SDF events.
· Write content to interact with SDF on a weekly basis on all occasions and for various activities.
·Translate content from Arabic to English or vice versa.
·Perform any other tasks or duties assigned by the manager.
·Minimum 2-5 years of experience working INGOs / NGOs in the field of humanitarian aid in a similar position.
· Good English skills at both speaking and writing.
· Professional photography / videography skills.
· Ability to deal with design and montage programs.
·Ability to formulate and edit news content for all project activities to be compatible with publishing on the foundation’s website as well as social networking pages.
· Ability to meet beneficiaries and write touching success stories of the project.
· Ability to plan, organize, follow-up and archive.
· Ability to form relationships with the available media and make broad media coverage of news of project activities.
·Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
· Enthusiasm and genuine interest in the work of NGOs.
· Ability to use Microsoft package (MS Office).
· ability to work in a team spirit.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here not later than February 27th 2021.
· RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- · Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- . Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates will be given a priority.